Residence COVID-19 Precautions
We are excited to welcome students back to Residence this fall. Residence is an important part of the college experience and we are striving to help create a safe space here on campus during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The health and safety of our residents is our top priority. Residence is following Alberta's health guidance on post-secondary institutions on how to help reduce the possible exposure of COVID-19 on campus and within Residence.
The following precautions are in addition to any rental agreement, or the Residence Handbook during COVID-19. These guidelines will be updated if guidance from the province changes.
- All lounge spaces such as the communal kitchens, recreation areas, and study spaces within Residence that are outside of contained units have been closed. Laundry room access is still permitted for the sole purpose of laundry. We have also provided in the laundry rooms disinfectant wipes, and hand sanitizer. We encourage you to wipe down the machines before and after each use.
- Increased cleaning of laundry rooms, high touch points, public washrooms and Residence Administration.
- As per Alberta's Health Guidance guests will not be permitted in Residence until otherwise specified. This includes in your unit. Direct family members are allowed to help student's move-in to their residence unit but we would request that no more than two (2) direct family members are present at this time.
- No social gatherings within Residence units or on campus. This includes the invitation of guests from other units on campus to your own unit.
- Residence Life programming will continue this Fall. We are taking additional measures to help ensure that these programs are done in a safe manner. Programming may occur through the use of passive programming, or online virtual options.
- Residence students and essential guests are required to wear a mask or face covering while in areas outside of a residence unit or during your residence move-in. This includes laundry facilities, Residence Administration, hallways, elevators, and stairwells. You are required to provide your own masks or face coverings, and you are encouraged to maintain a two-metre distance from others whenever possible.
- Residence Move-In will be transitioned to an curb side check-in process. No need to come into our office and wait in line. We will send these specific details out to all registered residence students.
- We have begun to move the majority of our paperwork online to help prevent the need for in-person contact with Residence staff. If you have any questions as always please contact us before signing.
- Rent and other Fee payments can be completed online through our Residence Portal.
- Residence Staff will be wearing a mask, and hand sanitize before interacting with any students for maintenance needs, or in-person needs where physical distancing is not possible.
This page will be updated as we progress through the pandemic. We will notify all incoming residents, and existing residents of these precautions and any updates.
Please note that failure to follow these precautions will instigate the Residence conduct process. Continued failure to help ensure the health and safety of our community may mean sanctions such as Residence probation or eviction.
Information for Students, Faculty and Staff
RDC students, faculty and staff should complete the COVID-19 Reporting Form if they:
- Have symptoms that could be related to COVID-19
- Have come in close contact with someone that has tested positive
- Have received a positive COVID-19 test
This applies to those who are on-campus and those who are learning and working remotely. Find the form here.