Kristine Plastow, MLIS
The Division of Library & Student Supports includes the Library, Academic Support, Counselling Services, Disability Resources, and Testing Services.
As Dean, Kristine provides strategic leadership for services and supports that impact academic excellence, for digital literacy initiatives, and to ensure an inclusive, barrier-free learning experience for all students. A key focus is contributing to RDC’s recruitment and retention efforts, including ensuring mental health supports are available to support the holistic well-being of learners.
- Master of Library and Information Studies, University of Alberta
- Bachelor of Arts (Sciences Sociales), University of Alberta (Faculté Saint-Jean)
Plastow, K.L.B., & Medinsky, M. (2015, May 1) #Networked: Moving to learner-centred library service at Red Deer College [Conference presentation]. Alberta Library Conference, Jasper, AB.
Plastow, K.L.B. (2012). Change is good: Creating and maintaining an adaptable learning commons [Conference presentation]. 6th Canadian Learning Commons Conference, Calgary, AB.
Plastow, K.L.B., & Thomson, M.E. (2009). In bed … Oops, we mean embed with RDC librarians [Conference presentation]. Alberta Library Conference, Jasper, AB
Plastow, K.L.B., & Kothari, S. (2008). EBlobs (aka learning objects) [Conference presentation]. Alberta Association of Library Technicians Conference, Red Deer, AB.
Plastow, K.L.B. (2008). WorldCat collection analysis: Making heroes daily [Webinar presentation].
Plastow, K.L.B., Kothari, S., & Teh-Frenette, L. (2007). Beyond blogs [Conference presentation]. Alberta Association of Library Technicians Conference, Edmonton, AB.
Plastow, K.L.B., Westell, M., & Poff, D. (1999). Reinventing the commons [Conference presentation]. Netspeed, Edmonton, AB.
- Vice-Chair, The Foundation for Red Deer Public Schools
Professional and/or RDC Leadership
- Member, RDC Deans Council
- Member, RDC Service Council
- Member, RDC Academic Council
- Co-Chair, NEOS Executive Committee, 2016-2020
- Member, The Alberta Library Executive Committee, 2013-2015
- Chair, Licensing Services Committee, The Alberta Library, 2010-2012
- Chair, Alberta Association of College Librarians, 1999-2001
- Canadian Association of College and University Student Services
- Library Association of Alberta