Please note the following travel information for Red Deer Polytechnic faculty, staff and students.
Faculty, staff and students wishing to travel within Alberta, inter-provincially or internationally for professional development or other institutional business may now do so. Employees are reminded to follow appropriate processes related to any professional development they wish to undertake.
When you are registering for events or booking flights and other travel arrangements, please ensure you can cancel plans and obtain refunds, in case public health measures change and you are unable to attend.
Please also be aware of the provisions noted below regarding travelling outside of Canada, including isolation requirements. Before you travel, discuss work arrangement expectations that will be in place upon your return from your travel (including during any expected isolation) with your supervisor.
Any students, faculty or staff who travel outside of Canada for personal reasons must comply with the Government of Canada guidelines upon return to Canada.
Employees who travel outside of Canada for personal reasons should:
- Be aware of travel advice and guidelines, as identified above.
- Consider the implications of any isolation requirements and the impacts this has upon the employee’s ability to return to work at Red Deer Polytechnic upon their return to Canada.
- This includes whether an employee will be able to work remotely during any period of required isolation or whether the employee will need to access other paid or unpaid leaves for the time away.
- Please refer to the Guide Chart for Coding Time in Various Situations on TheLoop for further information.
- Talk to your supervisor before you make international travel plans to ensure you have considered the impacts of any isolation requirements.
For additional COVID-19 information, visit rdc.ab.ca/covid.