General COVID-19 Information and Resources
COVID-19 General Information
Alberta Health Services has detailed information about the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, as well as additional resources related to the illness. Visit ahs.ca/covid to learn more.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, and additional information can be found at:
Mental Health & Wellness
Working & Studying from Home
Red Deer College Resources
Red Deer College Students, Faculty and Staff - Illness Reporting Procedures
As per Alberta Health Services guidelines, stay at home and call Alberta Health Link at 811 if you think you have COVID-19. Please do not go to the RDC Health, Safety and Wellness Centre on campus, physicians’ offices, or hospital emergency rooms. If you are in immediate distress, call 911.
Red Deer College students, faculty and staff are asked to contact the Health, Safety and Wellness Centre by email (Health [dot] Safety [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca) if they suspect they have COVID-19 or if they have tested positive for the illness.
Red Deer College faculty and staff should also contact their supervisor if they are symptomatic or if they believe they have COVID-19.
Students should contact their instructors if they believe they have COVID-19.
As per the information provided on the Coming to Campus this Fall page, all individuals should stay home if they are ill.
RDC’s Planning and Actions for COVID-19
Red Deer College has been, and continues to be, in close contact with the Government of Alberta, Alberta Health Services and other trusted sources to assess the situation and make appropriate decisions for the health and safety of our students, employees and visitors.
Please note the following items about RDC's planning and actions:
- The College has a COVID-19 Management Team to help guide all decisions related to the ongoing operations and delivery of day-to-day business and online courses at RDC.
- RDC has developed a COVID-19 Exposure Control Plan, including a COVID-19 Exposure Incident Form.
- RDC has also established College-specific COVID-19 rules for our campus, which includes requiring all people on campus to complete the mandatory COVID-19 training, limiting the number of people on campus at any time, and coordinating and scheduling the movement of people on campus.
- The College continues to provide online class delivery and services where possible.
- Earlier in March, as the COVID-19 situation developed, RDC implemented work-related travel restrictions for all faculty and staff.
Red Deer College will continue to stay connected with students, employees and community members with updates as this dynamic situation evolves.
RDC Main Campus
Mon-Fri 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Main Phone: 403.342.3400
Toll-free: 1.888.732.4630 (in Canada only)
Email: inquire [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
RDC Main Campus Location
100 College Boulevard | Box 5005
Red Deer, Alberta | T4N 5H5