Coming to Campus
On July 1, the province moved into Stage 3 of Alberta's Open for Summer Plan. Red Deer Polytechnic will adhere to the provincial guidelines, with some modifications as identified below:
Everyone visiting our campuses (students, employees and guests) will be required to:
- Check in each day you are on campus using the COVID-19 Contact Tracing and Alberta Daily Health Checklist using the SAFE RDC App.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer regularly. More than 300 hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout our campuses.
- Stay home if you are ill. If you suspect your illness may be related to COVID-19, then visit the Alberta Health Services website for more information, or contact Alberta Health link at 811.
In an effort to continue ensuring the health and safety of everyone in our campus community, the following practices are strongly encouraged:
- Wear a face covering
- Maintain a two-metre physical distance from one another
- Consider receiving a COVID-19 vaccine
While doctors strongly encourage Albertans (who are 12+) to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, individuals must make their own decision as it best suits their health and wellness circumstances. If you have questions about the vaccine, please consult a health professional.
In accordance with the Stage 3 guidelines, Red Deer Polytechnic will be offering programs and services in person starting July 1. Some services may also continue to be offered virtually, as necessary. Please see the Service Updates page for full details.