COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
UPDATE (June 14, 2021): Our province moved into Stage 2 of Alberta’s Open for Summer Plan on June 10. While this news offers optimism, we must also remain vigilant in keeping safe.
As part of Stage 2, students, employees, and guests are still required to wear a face covering, adhere to physical distancing protocols, and complete the questionnaire on the SAFE RDC App when on campus.
This news of being in Stage 2 affects the operations at RDC in the following ways:
- In-person learning opportunities for select trades courses resume
- On June 14, trades classes, which had theory taught on campus in May, return to in-person instruction and shop/lab delivery. Instructors have informed these students.
- Trades classes, which were offered as blended delivery in May, continue as blended delivery
- The RDC Library is open at one-third of fire code occupancy
- The Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre’s Collicutt Performance Fitness Zone is open as of Monday, June 14
- Individual workouts, drop-in activities, and indoor fitness classes are permitted with three metres of physical distancing between individuals
- RDC’s Fitness Centre is open at one-third capacity (48 people), on a first come, first serve basis
- Hours: Monday to Friday: 6 am – 8 pm, Saturday and Sunday: 8 am to 4 pm, July 1: 11 am to 5 pm, closed June 19 and 20
- Larkaun Homes Squash Courts and Border Paving Running Track are open
- Members will have access to lockers and showers in the Centre
- Masks may be removed while exercising, but they must be put back on while moving from one piece of equipment (or area) to another
In accordance with Stage 2 guidelines, RDC began re-opening services to students in support of their learning. All services for students will be fully accessible on campus on or before June 30, 2021. Some services will remain virtual (such as International Students) until staffing is complete, or by appointment due to physical distancing requirements. More details will be shared in the near future.
Our community matters to us. As RDC responds to the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to follow health and government directives while making decisions to ensure our students and College community are safe and well served.
Learning at RDC
Following Alberta Health and enhanced RDC protocols, our College is offering a mix of online, in-person and blended programs and services.
Returning to Campus
The following links provide important resources for what students, employees and guests need to do before coming to campus, as well as training that you will need to complete.
Fall 2021 Term Update (March 29, 2021) - RDC is excited to safely welcome more students back on campus in the Fall term. We will continue to provide online, blended, and hy-flex learning opportunities for students, wherever possible. We will also offer select programs through a blended format, with some courses offered online and some (such as labs, shops and seminars) on-site, where required... read more
Supporting Health and Wellness
We have compiled a list of helpful resources related to COVID-19, with everything from Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services links to mental health resources.