Career Services for Students
RDC Career Services provides free employment and career support to RDC students. Students can receive support for resume and cover letter development, graduate school application and interview prep by completing modules offered in the online platform, NEKSA, or by using the resources below.
RDC Career Services also connects students to employers at Employer Spotlights, Career and Job Fairs and in-class workshops.
- Community resources
- Sample chronological resume
- Sample cover letter
- Sample references
- Sample behavioural interview questions
- Sample informational interview questions
- Work search methods
- Blog post: Your recruiting questions answered
- Blog post: Improve your LinkedIn profile
- Blog post: Managing mental health in an online environment
- Blog post: Tools for career development in a virtual environment
- NEKSA online career development tool *coming soon
- RDC Career Services Job Board
- Employment opportunities at RDC
- What can I do with my credential?
Upcoming Career Development Events:
UNEXPECTED MENTORS: FREE ONLINE PRESENTATION
Feb 3, 2021 | 7:00 pm
RDC alum, Sheila Musgrove, is back with unusual and creative ways to find career inspiration! In this free, online presentation, she’ll share some unique advice she’s learned over her long career as a recruiter and author of two career development books.
“Unexpected Mentors: A friendly kick in the pants” will shake up the idea of a traditional mentor/mentee relationship and you’ll leave with a pile of ideas of how you can be bold in the asks in your career. And, yes, she’ll tell you what the big yellow duck is all about – a career nugget you won’t forget!
This free event is available for all RDC alumni and current students. Find more information or register at rdc.ab.ca/mentorship.
What can I do with my credential?
Education, Bachelor - Middle Years
E: employmentservices [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca (subject: Career%20services%20for%20students)
T: Call – Employment Services at 403.343.4097
RDC Main Campus
Mon-Fri 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Main Phone: 403.342.3400
Toll-free: 1.888.732.4630 (in Canada only)
Email: inquire [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
RDC Main Campus Location
100 College Boulevard | Box 5005
Red Deer, Alberta | T4N 5H5