LPN - Casual - ROCKY MOUNTAIN HOUSE
CDL Homes - Christenson Communities
LPN - Casual - ROCKY MOUNTAIN HOUSE
We are looking for a 0.4, 0.8 and casual LPNs for evenings/nights at our Rocky Mountain house site.
Candidate can only work at ONE SITE
Delivers resident-focused care within full scope of practice of a LPN, in a home-like environment, respecting the individuality and dignity of each resident/family and co-workers including the completion of the following duties:
1. Provide direct care by assessing resident health needs – recording of vital signs, discusses and records chief health concerns, performs tests, administers injections and medications, dressing changes, immunizations, etc.
2. Monitor residents with complex medical needs.
3. Supervises and evaluates work performance in terms of resident care, staff relations, and efficiency of service.
4. Directs work of healthcare aides based on resident needs and site needs.
5. Provides assistance and guidance to nursing team as required.
6. Evaluates individual employee work performance through observation and spot checking work completed; initiates disciplinary action according to policies and procedures.
7. Participates in the planning of nursing care, occupational health and safety programs, community health programs, or other health-related programs.
8. Places phone calls to pharmacies to order prescriptions; sets up referral contacts.
9. Documents patient care observations and activities according to professional standards and procedures.
10. Thoroughly educates and explains procedures to residents and family members and assists them in coping with illnesses.
11. Assists in emergency situations under the direction of the supervisor.
12. Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and business functions of the facility.
13. Maintains required records including specimen, maintenance, daily, weekly, and monthly logs.
14. Obtains specimens (throat, urine, stool, wound, sputum, other body fluids, etc.), using proper technique and following policies and procedures for labeling.
15. Aids in identifying methods of improving patient care.
16. Maintains current knowledge and skills in clinical practice, attends required in-services and staff meetings, and promotes professional growth for self and staff development.
17. Functions independently and assumes responsibility for actions in clinical procedures.
18. Assists with studies related to improvement of nursing care.
19. Ensures the unit is stocked with medications and nursing supplies for all shifts.
20. Practice to their full range of competence within applicable legislation, regulations, bylaws and employer policies.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· Licensed Practical Nurse, experience in gerontology preferred
· Current membership in good standing with CLPNA
· CPR/BCLS for healthcare provider required
· Clear police information check within 6 months
· Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, teamwork, concern resolution process and customer service
· Strong organizational and computer skills are required in this position
· Ability to problem solve through critical thinking and self-education
· Enthusiastic attitude and energy to provide excellent care and service on behalf of the company
· Awareness of accident and injury prevention, hazard identification and control; adherence to safe work practices and procedures is essential in this position
· Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to person-centered care
· Demonstrated commitment to the mission, vision and values of the company is essential
Other Bona-Fide Occupational Requirements
- Physically and mentally fit to perform the duties of the position (may be required to lift, move, push, or pull objects weighing up to 75 pounds)
- Ability to work on his/her feet for a complete shift while constantly bending, stretching, walking, lifting or moving things.
This job description indicates representative responsibilities and specifications of the position only and should not be considered to necessarily represent all responsibilities and specifications of the position. The incumbent may perform other duties as assigned, which are not specified in this description. A review and update of this job description will take place at the yearly performance review.
Job Type: Casual
Please email your resume to email@example.com