COVID-19 Response Team
Canadian Mental Health Association-Central Alberta Region
COVID-19 Response Team
CMHA has a unique opportunity for temporary employment. We have been asked to assist in housing individuals struggling with homelessness who are being tested for COVID-19 and awaiting results. We require a full-time evening shift staff, two full time overnight shift staff, and some casual staff through September 2020. CMHA is fully equipped with gloves, masks, and gowns and follows all safe distancing protocols to do our best to ensure staff safety. We also promote staff testing for COVID-19 to ensure earliest detection of any sickness for the protection of all staff.
Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA)-Central Alberta is a not for profit organization with over 50 years of experience helping vulnerable people in our community. We offer competitive wages, training, and regular opportunities for advancement.
The scope of work and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with intake of tenants, providing daily food and supplies
- Provide phone contact relationship with tenants to encourage compliance with the quarantine guidelines
- Provide data tracking and log notes for contact
- Communicate with the AHS medical team and the Emergency Operations Centre as needed
- Communicate with local Outreach teams to ensure proper transition out of isolation
- Intervene with any potential visitors to ensure they have knowledge of a quarantine
- Complete all health and safety tasks
- Other duties and committee work as assigned.
Desired qualifications and skills include:
- Direct experience working with individuals who have experienced chronic homelessness is preferred.
- Completion of Standard First Aid Level C CPR & AED preferred
- An understanding of complex needs such as brain injury, addictions, and mental illness.
- Able to work evenings and weekends.
- Confidence in dealing with conflict and complex situations.
If you are passionate about working with vulnerable people in a creative and dynamic environment submit your resume to: email@example.com. Please quote the Job Code AMETHYST ANNEX – COVID-19 Response Team and preferred shift - evening, night or casual, in the subject line of your email and cover letter.
Open until all positions are filled.