Licensed Practical Nurse
Licensed Practical Nurse
Care to join us?
If you are a caring and skilled individual who enjoys working with seniors, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for LPNs to work at our various complex senior care communities throughout British Columbia.
Benefits of working for Vantage Living:
- Extended benefits. 100% Employer funded benefit plan available for full and part-time staff who work more than 20 hours/week.
- Work/life balance. Flexible schedules to support your work-life balance.
- Local. Locally owned and operated, supporting the community.
- Modern. Beautiful, modern communities that inspire lifestyle.
- We’re cool. A fun and vibrant company culture!
Responsibilities of the position:
- Be accountable. Lead delivery of client-centred care services on a shift-by-shift basis and in accordance with program goals and processes.
- Be effective. Ensure comprehensive client care plans are developed, updated, and regularly evaluated for effectiveness. Tailor them to each client’s short and long term needs.
- Be observant. Monitor changing care needs, adjust care and services as needed.
- Be confident. Participate in decision-making relating to matters of health and safety, client care, and human resource management.
- Be diligent. Ensure client electronic and health records are managed appropriately by all team members.
- Be discreet. Ensure proper procedures and legalities are followed regarding confidential matters and records containing:
○ client or family information,
○ employee or volunteer information,
○ company data, and
○ medication information.
- Be organized. Ensure adequate supplies and resources are available to fulfill program requirements.
- Be a leader and a team player. Provide leadership and direction for team members involved in the provision of client care by mentoring and role modeling, fostering and promoting new initiatives.
- Be comprehensive. Interpret, develop, and implement policies, procedures, and clinical protocols;
- Be prepared. Coordinate move-ins, transfers, and move-outs of clients within assigned areas.
- Be a communication expert. Liaise with health authority representatives, pharmacy, paraprofessionals, physicians, and other stakeholders to ensure individual client needs are addressed. Include input from clients and their families.
- Be attentive. Perform other duties as assigned.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your experience and expertise:
- Completion of Practical Nurse program from an accredited educational institution.
- Minimum 3 years experience as an LPN.
- Full scope of practice Licensed Practical Nurse with membership in good standing with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia.
- Minimum of two years experience successfully coordinating care and service delivery within a complex care environment preferred.
- Strong desire to enhance the lives of seniors by leading and mentoring team members and coordinating care services around client needs, abilities, and preferences.
- Computer literate and familiar with electronic health records including interRAI and eMAR.
- Valid First Aid Certificate (includes CPR B).