Canadian Mental Health Association-Central Alberta Region
Scope of the Position:
The Program Supervisor is part of the CMHA Leadership Team. Each Program Supervisor provides daily supervision to program staff and oversees the delivery of service to clients within the program. Working from a trauma-informed perspective, the Program Supervisor will promote a person-centred approach to service delivery, respecting each client’s rights as an individual.
Key Responsibility: Supervision
- The Program Supervisor will be responsible to provide regular, direct supervision and mentorship to the staff team in the program.
- The Program Supervisor will ensure that staff follow Alberta Labour Standards and adhere to CMHA policy and procedures.
- The Program Supervisor will provide informal and formal supervisions with each staff. The Program Supervisor will conduct a performance review after each staff’s probation period and annually thereafter.
- The Program Supervisor will facilitate the resolution of employee conflict, when possible, obtaining support from the Program Manager when needed.
- The Program Supervisor will ensure that each staff in their team has the training and skills needed to provide appropriate supports to clients in their program with an emphasis on person centered approaches to goal planning and service delivery.
- The Program Supervisor will ensure that the safety of all service users is a primary factor of service delivery and will make recommendations on best practice risk management initiatives.
- The Program Supervisor will assess and evaluate service users support plans (if applicable).
Key Responsibility: Program Management
- The Program Supervisor will ensure that all work sites focus on person-centred service delivery and promote a culture that is positive, flexible, creative, and respectful.
- The Program Supervisor will assist the Program Manager to develop annual work plans and will regularly review these plans with program staff.
- The Program Supervisor will share in “on call” responsibilities.
- The Program Supervisor will attend program and/or community meetings as needed, to support their program.
- The Program Supervisor will conduct file audits, including paper and electronic file systems, and will ensure that external monitoring systems are up to date and correctly completed.
Key Responsibility: Funding Submissions, Data Base and Reporting
- The Program Supervisor will keep regular monthly statistics on service users and the services provided.
- The Program Supervisor will use the required database, and will ensure that staff are trained in all sites to use any required data tracking/reporting tools.
- The Program Supervisor will facilitate any service user feedback required for reporting and to ensure quality of service delivery.
- The Program Supervisor will provide monthly reports on the program as well as any additional information required for internal and external reporting by the organization.
- The Program Supervisor will meet annually with funder(s) to ensure ongoing program compliance and quality assurance.
- The Program Supervisor will promote CMHA initiatives at every opportunity with community partners, Municipal and Provincial departments, donors, sponsors, funders, and the larger community members as a whole.
- The Program Supervisor will be mindful of budget parameters and will work with the Program Manager to ensure that all expenses are within those financial limits.
The Program Supervisor will have a completed degree or diploma in the human services field with extensive experience dealing with complex needs, mental illness, addiction, homelessness or other related factors. Previous Supervisory experience is preferred.
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the job code PROGRAM SUPERVISOR in the subject line of your email and cover letter.
Closing Date: January 23, 2020