Process Design Technologist
Urban Systems Ltd.
Process Design Technologist
About the Opportunity
Our thriving Water Practice is looking for the next capable and enthusiastic Process Design Technologist to join of our team. Our Water Team members enjoy working alongside industry leaders on exciting and challenging projects that make a difference in many communities throughout Western Canada.
In this role, you’ll work with an experienced team of engineers and technologists and provide support to our senior practitioners while also developing your own skills as a designer in a fast-paced environment on exciting high-profile infrastructure projects. Your abilities to engage and contribute are only limited by your own ambition.
Specifically, you can expect to be involved in:
- Preparation of equipment and piping layouts, process and instrumentation diagrams, site grading drawings and pipe plan/profile drawings;
- Drafting detailed drawings based on verbal instruction and/or hand sketches;
- Ensuring quality control and verifying accuracy of your production work;
- Carrying out design tasks using AutoCAD, Plant 3D and Civil 3D with the support of senior designers;
- Preparation of quantity estimates and specifications; and
- Carrying out construction inspection.
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary consulting firm based in Western Canada. In business since 1975, we have four decades of experience working with a variety of clients including all levels of government, Indigenous communities, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector. Our team of over 450 people, across multiple branch offices, is committed to helping build vibrant communities of all sizes.
Our Commitment to You
At Urban Systems, we make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive in Urban Systems over the long term. We’ve become recognized as a workplace of choice by nurturing a unique corporate culture that sets us apart and provides:
- Challenging and interesting project opportunities;
- A fun workplace, where hard work accomplishes great things;
- The opportunity to work with industry leading professionals in a collaborative environment;
- Ongoing career development and learning; and
- Meaningful rewards and recognition.
Our preferred candidate is currently enrolled in an accredited Engineering Technology diploma program or equivalent, with a focus on Mechanical or Civil engineering. In addition, the following attributes would be considered of great benefit to this role:
- Familiarity with water and wastewater treatment plants;
- Familiarity with AutoCAD design products;
- Energetic, enthusiastic and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively on diverse, multidisciplinary teams.
If this describes your background, your skills and your natural talents, please check out our website for more information and submit your resume and covering letter along with a completed Candidate Questionnaire (available for download on our site at https://careersen-urban-systems.icims.com/jobs/intro?hashed=-435656839) directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: January 24, 2020.