Health Care Aide
Health Care Aide
About SE Health:
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
• Provide hospitality model service to residents, including personal care, activities of daily living, laundry, light housekeeping, assistance with meal delivery, orderly or porter service, assistance with recreational activities and leisure activities as per individual care plans.
• Provide Medication Assistance Program requirements as per resident care plan
• Report changes in resident conditions as well as any other pertinent information (maintenance issues, concerns) to the LPN in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate flexibility by being willing to change routine to accommodate needs of the resident.
• Ensure resident care is delivered in a way that acknowledges resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence, spirituality and individuality inclusive of a home-like environment as per Eden Philosophy framework
• Provide quality service according to the Care Plan and SE Health policies & procedures, including participating in the development and updating of care plans.
• Charting within approved documentation system on a daily basis
• Actively participates in all ongoing educational programs
• Certificate from a recognized HCA Program, or equivalent training and/or experience
• Availability to work evenings and weekends
• One year of relevant experience is preferred
• Access to a computer and basic computer skills is required
• A willingness to attain required Saint Elizabeth certifications
• Well-developed interpersonal skills
• Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills
• Criminal Record Check and References (upon hire)
• This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience
Please apply directly online to https://careers.sehc.com