Summer Aboriginal Student, Inspections
Summer Aboriginal Student, Inspections
Why you should join us:
Student positions at Suncor are more than just a work term. They provide you with significant and important work experiences to help enable you to determine where you want your career to go – better yet, many of our students go on to become permanent Suncor employees after they graduate! You will work side-by-side with some of the most talented people in the energy industry, and your work assignments and mentoring will offer you outstanding academic and career growth.
Under the guidance of fully qualified field personnel, the Inspection summer student is a member of the Inspection Department that safely monitors all process equipment and piping systems within a dynamic environment.
You will use your expertise to:
• Inspection Department assistance
• PCMS field work, identifying TML locations, verifying where scaffold or rope access may be required.
• PSV audit surveys
• Perform basic troubleshooting through use of creative solutions
• Assist in preparation of equipment for Inspection
• Assist in summer relief for full-time Inspectors and Inspection Contractors
• Assist Inspection personnel in equipment inspections, ensuring that established procedures are followed
• Inspection related document control- NDE reports, drawing updates, etc.
• Assist in ADLP file transfer
• These tasks outlined above expose a summer student to a wide array of vessel and piping data, reports, Static Data and other technical information that would be transferrable to their future endeavors.
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
• You will work out of our Edmonton refinery in Sherwood Park, located at 801 Petroleum Way. The Edmonton Refinery is not accessible via public transportation, possess a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation at time of interview.
• This is a four-month work term starting the end of April 2020 to the beginning of September.
• Some heavy lifting, use of ladders and working on elevated work sites such as scaffolds and towers
• Able to perform work in a variety of different environments, both indoor and outdoor as well as within confined spaces
Start your career at Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – do it safely, or don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values.
Stay connected to us:
• Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
• Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
• Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
• First or second year Aboriginal students who are enrolled in the Materials Engineering Technology or Welding Engineering Technology program at an accredited post-secondary institution
• Returning to full-time studies in the fall
• Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
• Oil and gas experience and previous safety training is preferred but not required
• Have mechanical aptitude and analytical skills to allow hands-on operation of plant equipment (i.e. pumps, compressors, heaters, etc.)
• Ability to work and communicate in a team environment
Click on the link below to create a candidate profile and apply online!