Mining Technologist Intern
Canadian Natural Resources Limited
Mining Technologist Intern
In the 16 month student Mining Technologist position based at the Albian Mine, you will have the unique opportunity to gain valuable hands on Oil Sands and engineering experience. Take advantage of the opportunity to be a part of one of the world’s largest Oil Sands operations, work closely with experienced individuals, and become familiar with the world of Mining Technology. At Canadian Natural students’ are able to take part in various events and be a part of a “work hard, play hard” culture.
- Survey all the in-pit/ex-pit structures in Albian Mines by using electronic distance measuring equipment and global positioning systems (GPS), accurately and efficiently collecting and recording all measurements and other information obtained during survey activities.
- Prepare and compile all data, plans, charts, records and documents related to performance monitoring of large earth filled structures.
- Maintain as-builts and complete all regularly scheduled and unscheduled surveys.
- Work Location: Albian Mine, North of Fort McMurray, AB.
- Term Length: 16 months
- Term Start: September 2020
- Schedule: 7 days on, 7 days off
- Safety Sensitive: Yes
- Travel: This position will require regular, company sponsored travel to our site locations North of Fort McMurray.
- Currently enrolled in a Geomatics program or 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of a degree program in Mining/Mineral, Civil or Geological Engineering.
- Previous mine survey experience is considered an asset.
- Must be able to carry survey equipment, work in cold and hot weather and be able to walk long distances.
- A class 5 driver’s license and a relatively clean driver’s abstract is required for this position.
- A pre-employment drug and alcohol test must be completed.
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ