Project Engineering Intern
Canadian Natural Resources Limited
Project Engineering Intern
As the student project engineer you will gain invaluable, hands-on Oil Sands experience throughout your term at Canadian Natural. This position will develop your project management skills and allow knowledge integration through execution of multi discipline projects. Interpersonal skills are required to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders to achieve the project goal. At Canadian Natural, students are able to take part in various events and be a part of a “work hard, play hard” culture, while creating value for shareholders.
Please note that there are multiple positions available with various project teams. There will be opportunities focused on turnaround planning for the upgrader and new technology for waste water and fine tailings.
- Work on a project team consisting of multiple disciplines to support the engineering, procurement and construction activities.
- Support vendor document review, engineering and construction interface.
- Support project management and information management within the project.
- Estimate and material tracking support.
- Provide turnover and technical document quality review support.
- Work Location: Calgary, AB / Horizon Mine, North of Fort McMurray, AB
- Shift: Calgary – 5 days on, 2 days off (Monday – Friday) / Site – 4 days on, 3 days off (Monday – Thursday)
- Term Length: 8 or 12 months
- Term Start: January, May or September 2020
- Safety Sensitive: Yes
- Travel: For site based roles, company sponsored fly-in/fly-out and accommodations are provided. Calgary based roles may also require regular travel to site.
- Relocation Assistance: Eligible for student relocation assistance to Fort McMurray, Calgary or Edmonton if living 100km outside any of the areas mentioned above.
- Currently enrolled in a Mechanical, Process, or Electrical Engineering Degree.
- Demonstrate a high level of academic performance.
- Previous engineering internship or any professional work experience is considered an asset.
- Good communication skill and drive to succeed.
- Strong computer application knowledge.
- Required to be physically and mentally fit for work.
- Possess a valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license or equivalent out of province license with a reasonably clean driver abstract.
- A pre-employment drug and alcohol test must successfully be completed.
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ