Civil Engineering Intern
Canadian Natural Resources Limited
Civil Engineering Intern
As the civil or geological engineering student for the Geotechnical group, your focus will either be on drafting or reporting. Take advantage of the opportunity to be a part of one of the world’s largest Oil Sands operations, work closely with seasoned engineers, and become familiar with the world of reporting and design. At Canadian Natural, students are able to take part in various events and be a part of a “work hard, play hard” culture.
- Process and interpret geotechnical instrumentation, field, and lab data
- Apply engineering principles to assess and solve geotechnical issues related to mine earth structures
- Production of technical deliverables
- Perform reporting and drafting as needed
- Analyze construction and instrumentation data
- Coordinate with construction and design teams on deliverables
- Work Location: Calgary, AB
- Term Length: 12 months
- Term Start: January, May or September 2020
- Safety Sensitive: Yes
- Travel: This position may require company sponsored travel to our site locations North of Fort McMurray.
- Relocation Assistance: Eligible for student relocation assistance to Calgary if living 100km outside of the area.
- Currently enrolled in your 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of a Civil or Geological Engineering Degree program OR currently enrolled in your 2nd or 3rd year of Civil Technology.
- Completion of Geotechnical engineering courses and projects is preferred.
- Previous engineering experience, Excel VBA coding, AutoCAD/Civil 3D, basic engineering skills, and proficiency in technical communication.
- Required to be physically and mentally fit for work.
- Possess a valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license or equivalent out of province license with a reasonably clean driver abstract.
- A pre-employment drug and alcohol test must successfully be completed.
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ