Civil Engineering Technologist
Canadian Natural Resources Limited
Civil Engineering Technologist
Reporting to the Geotechnical Operations Support team, the Civil Engineering Technologist Student will execute safe, compliant, and effective production with respect to performance monitoring of various mining earth structures at the Albian Sands Mine. This opportunity will allow you to gain insight into how the Oil and Gas industry operates.
- Utilize your hands on mechanical aptitude and experience to solve daily problems to increase and maintain production volumes
- Collect and perform quality control on geotechnical instrumentation data
- Manage instrumentation with stakeholders
- Diagnose, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair instruments
- Work in active mine areas
* Please note job duties vary depending on field location.
- Work Location: Albian Sands Mine, 70 km north of Fort McMurray.
- Shift Schedule: 7 days on, 7 days off (rotation begins Wednesday)
- Term Length: 16 months
- Term Start: May 2020
- Safety Sensitive: Yes
- Travel: For site based roles, company sponsored fly-in/fly-out and accommodations are provided.
- Relocation Assistance: Eligible for student relocation assistance to Fort McMurray, Calgary or Edmonton if living 100km outside any of the areas mentioned above.
- Currently enrolled in a diploma course in Civil, Mining, Geological Technology, or a Geomatics program from a recognized technical school (SAIT, NAIT, CONA, SIAST, or BCIT). The candidate may be 1st year or a 2nd year student in the above disciplines.
- Must be able to carry 15 kg 100 m over rough terrain continuously.
- Highly motivated individual with good communication/networking skills.
- Required to be physically and mentally fit for work.
- Possess a valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license or equivalent out of province license with a reasonably clean driver abstract.
- A pre-employment drug and alcohol test must be successfully completed.
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ