Associate, Commercial Banking (Alberta)
CIBC- Commercial Banking
Associate, Commercial Banking (Alberta)
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
You will join CIBC’s Commercial Banking team to provide support to account teams through client acquisition, relationship management and credit management processes as well as providing transactional support for client specific financing solutions. This role will prepare you to a challenging and rewarding career as a world-class Relationship Manager, Commercial Banking and strategic partner to some of Canada’s leading companies, who will be committed to delivering on flexible business solutions, dedicated business expertise and timely business advice to help clients realize their goals
How You’ll Succeed
- Business Development Support – Assist Relationship Managers, Commercial Banking in coordinating activities through the sales cycle and liaising with other units of CIBC as necessary. Assist with the execution of business development initiatives through contribution to the achievement of growth targets by identifying business opportunities and developing financing solutions to meet the needs of the client.
- Research & Analysis – Assist in analyzing business growth opportunities through comprehensive industry, client and prospect research. Prepare analyses in support of credit submissions including structuring and documentation.
- Client Experience - Proactively assess your clients’ needs and propose solutions to deliver to meet those needs. Interact with assigned clients as required to facilitate prompt response to questions, enquiries or issues in order to provide “best in class” service. Apply acquired industry/company knowledge to the development of client/prospect proposals for financial and strategic solutions to meet client needs.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in financial statements and accounting principles including valuation techniques and cash flow analysis.
- You have a degree/diploma in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field to be completed by spring/summer 2020.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- You look beyond the moment. You make decisions and take actions that will make a difference today and tomorrow. You proactively seek new opportunities to define what's possible.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home.
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity.
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning.
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan.
- Due to the nature of the role, you are expected to remain a minimum of 24 months in the role before you may be eligible for other job opportunities within the organization.
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week. You may have to work flexible hours to meet client and team requirements.
- Applications must include a current cover letter (please outline your preferred work locations), resume and transcripts. Please upload all 3 documents within the "resume/cv" uploads screen.
- Job location will be based within the Alberta region however may change due to business needs. Mobility is an asset.
- The targeted start date for this role is dependent on the candidate’s graduation date and business need.
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- Degree/diploma in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field to be completed by spring/summer 2020.