YMCA Experience Associate
YMCA of Northern Alberta
YMCA Experience Associate
About this Job Role: The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking an enthusiastic individual that will help to ensure our members, guests and participants have positive experiences by providing exceptional customer service, communication and support through inbound and outbound phone calls and communication channels. This includes providing information, resolving inquiries, and facilitating member/participant growth and retention.
Hours of Work: Part-time & Casual – varying hours available per week. Flexible schedule including Evenings and Weekends
Wage: $15 per hour.
• Service Focus: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every individual’s experience with the YMCA
• Functional Expertise: Technical proficiency and navigation skills using computers. This includes hardware, software, and electronic databases .
• Communication: Interacting positively with others by accurately listening, understanding and responding appropriately. Communicates in a clear, concise and logical fashion to ensure understanding .
• Commitment to YMCA Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA
• Responds to inquiries and provides current and accurate information on programs and services .
• Follows YMCA processes, systems and initiatives that will promote growth, improve retention and ensure all YMCA experiences are excellent as directed.
• Provides information on YMCA programs and services to meet individual needs.
• Processes registrations for memberships, events, programs and services.
• Responds to requests and concerns and facilitates resolution
• Assesses and identifies service situations and exercises sound judgment in recommending and facilitating solutions both within their area and the centre.
• Demonstrates YMCA Values in all interactions by delivering service responsibly, honestly, respectfully and with care.
• Ensure all administrative duties are accurately and effectively completed as assigned by Supervisor.
• Follows processes, systems and initiatives that will promote growth, improve retention and ensure all YMCA experiences are excellent as directed.
• Demonstrates and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
o Minimum of 1-year experience in the YMCA organization and/or a minimum of 1-year customer service or call centre experience.
o Excellent organization, multi-tasking, time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
o Strong computer skills: working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience working with a membership database software and/or call centre software will be considered an asset.
Note: A Security Clearance Check is a condition of employment for successful candidates. The check must be completed prior to commencement of work and is the financial responsibility of the candidate.
o Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
o High School Diploma o Standard First Aid, CPR-Level C, and WHMIS Certification
o Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
How to Apply: Applicants are requested to apply for this position directly through our website at https://northernalberta.ymca.ca/careers