Licensed Practical Nurse (Casual)
Bethany Care Society
Licensed Practical Nurse (Casual)
For over half a century, Bethany has been improving the lives of Alberta seniors and adults with disabilities by providing housing, health and community services that honour their spirit and individuality.
At Bethany, our journey of service excellence has just begun. We have recently launched WAVE (We Action our Values Everyday), our service excellence program through which we are committed to providing great service experiences for our residents, tenants, families and each other. Together, we are living our mission of “Creating Caring Communities”.
We offer competitive salaries, attractive benefits and pension programs, growth through learning and development, and numerous opportunities to give back to the community – just a few of the things that led to Bethany being named one of Alberta’s Top Employers for 12 consecutive years in 2019. It’s simple — we invest in our people because they are the reason for our success.
With a park-like setting on the Red Deer College grounds, Bethany CollegeSide has a vibrant environment with access to many of the local College programs, events, and amenities. Bethany CollegeSide offers a variety of specialized programs and services including Long-Term Care housing, and a program for young adults with disabilities.
Bethany Sylvan Lake:
Located in the charming town of Sylvan Lake, just 20 minutes away from Bethany CollegeSide, Bethany Sylvan Lake offers home-like building designs that reflect the atmosphere of the local resort community. The Bethany Sylvan Lake facility provides services for those with complex health needs who require Long-Term Care housing, as well as those capable of living in Designated Supportive housing.
About the Role
With a passion for care towards residents, families and team members, the Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible and accountable for providing outstanding care and support to residents, resident’s families and volunteers within their designated scope of practice and in accordance with established policies and procedures. The Licensed Practical Nurse provides service that is responsive to the holistic needs of the residents and promotes choice while maintaining dignity and facilitating resident independence.
Individual responsibilities will fall under six main areas of focus:
- Resident-Centered Care: Promotes service excellence and is responsive to the residents’ needs in accordance with resident care plans, policies and procedures. Conducts a complete and thorough nursing assessment of the resident to establish and prioritize nursing care and determine appropriate collaboration with Registered Nurse and other Interdisciplinary Team members.
- Documentation: Accurately and comprehensively documents resident care assessments, interventions and outcomes in alignment with Bethany policies and procedures. Documents timely, accurate reports of data collection, interpretation, planning, implementing and evaluating care in accordance with Bethany Care Society policy, and regulatory requirements
- Safety: Contributes to a safe environment for residents, the team and self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times. Identifies and mitigates unsafe conditions in the work environment, including immediate reporting of any unsafe conditions.
- Pro-active Learner: Demonstrates the vision and values of Bethany and lives out the mission of Creating Caring Communities. Attends and actively participates in Interdisciplinary Team meetings and care conferences, and shares knowledge of the resident and advocates for resident choice. Attends and actively participates in education opportunities, including health & safety training.
- Team Work: Cares for and actively participates and assists the Interdisciplinary Team to achieve and maintain a responsible atmosphere of resident centered care. Promotes constructive caring relationships with the Interdisciplinary Team, by fostering an understanding of the unique contributions of all team members, as well as with the residents, families and visitors.
- Leadership: Enables a high performance culture through leading, developing and coaching employees. Provides direction and supervision to Health Care Aides and assumes the ‘In Charge’ role when necessary.
- Casual positions available at both Bethany CollegeSide and Sylvan Lake
- FTE: 0%; no guaranteed shifts
- Shift type: Various (Days, Evenings, Nights)
*Interested applicants are eligible to be in casual pools for both facilities simultaneously*
- Health Care Aide opportunities are available for LPN students who have completed their first full year of studies in a practical nursing program, and are continuing in the program.
What You Bring
- Graduate of recognized Licensed Practical Nursing program
- Previous License Practical Nurse experience is preferred
- Active Registration and in good standing with CLPNA
- Able to work effectively in a physically and mentally demanding environment
- Demonstrates ability to understand, speak, read and write effectively in English
- Excellent observation, communication and critical thinking skills
- Current CPR certification
- Dementia Care Certificate and experience preferred
- Knowledge of RAI/MDS 2.0 tool, computer skills and electronic documentation is preferred
How to Apply:
Like what you see and think you have what it takes to join our team? Apply Online before 23:00 on May 31, 2019 at: http://bethanyseniors.com/careers/ . Or, contact us directly with your cover letter and resume at HRServices@bethanyseniors.com
Please note this competition may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found. Bethany Care Society is an equal opportunity employer. Successful candidates will be required to obtain a Criminal Background Check. Bethany Care Society complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). By forwarding your resume to Bethany you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for this job competition. Your information will be kept strictly confidential.
All applicants are thanked for their interest.