Registered Nurse (Casual and Temporary)
Bethany Care Society
Registered Nurse (Casual and Temporary)
For over half a century, Bethany has been improving the lives of Alberta seniors and adults with disabilities by providing housing, health and community services that honour their spirit and individuality.
At Bethany, our journey of service excellence has just begun. We have recently launched WAVE (We Action our Values Everyday), our service excellence program through which we are committed to providing great service experiences for our residents, tenants, families and each other. Together, we are living our mission of “Creating Caring Communities”.
We offer competitive salaries, attractive benefits and pension programs, growth through learning and development, and numerous opportunities to give back to the community – just a few of the things that led to Bethany being named one of Alberta’s Top Employers for 12 consecutive years in 2019. It’s simple — we invest in our people because they are the reason for our success.
With a park-like setting on the Red Deer College grounds, Bethany CollegeSide has a vibrant environment with access to many of the local College programs, events, and amenities. Bethany CollegeSide offers a variety of specialized programs and services including Long-Term Care housing, and a program for young adults with disabilities.
Bethany Sylvan Lake:
Located in the charming town of Sylvan Lake, just 20 minutes away from Bethany CollegeSide, Bethany Sylvan Lake offers home-like building designs that reflect the atmosphere of the local resort community. The Bethany Sylvan Lake facility provides services for those with complex health needs who require Long-Term Care housing, as well as those capable of living in Designated Supportive housing.
About the Role
With a passion for care towards residents, families and team members, the Registered Nurse is accountable for practicing outstanding care and support to residents, resident families, team members and volunteers to the full scope of professional nursing practice, and to ensure that their conduct meets the standards of the profession and of Bethany Care Society to deliver resident centered care planning, implementation and evaluation.
What You Will Do
Individual responsibilities will fall under six main areas of focus:
- Resident-Centered Care: Promotes service excellence and is responsive to the residents’ needs in accordance with resident care plans, policies and procedures. Conducts a complete and thorough nursing assessment of the resident to establish and prioritize nursing care and determine appropriate collaboration with other Interdisciplinary Team members. Utilizes data to identify resident/family needs and strengths; reviews and revises care plan to incorporate care goals and expected outcomes
- Documentation: Accurately and comprehensively documents resident care assessments, interventions and outcomes in alignment with Bethany policies and procedures. Documents timely, accurate reports of data collection, interpretation, planning, implementing and evaluating care in accordance with Bethany Care Society policy, and regulatory requirements.
- Safety: Contributes to a safe environment for residents, team and self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times. Identifies and mitigates unsafe conditions in the work environment, including immediate reporting of any unsafe conditions.
- Pro-active Learner: Demonstrates the vision and values of Bethany and lives out the mission of Creating Caring Communities. Attends and actively participates in Interdisciplinary Team meetings and care conferences, and shares knowledge of the resident and advocates for resident choice.
- Team Work: Cares for and actively participates and assists the Interdisciplinary Team to achieve and maintain a responsible atmosphere of resident centered care. Promotes constructive caring relationships with the Interdisciplinary Team, by fostering an understanding of the unique contributions of all team members, as well as with the residents, families and visitors.
- Leadership: Enables a high performance culture through leading, developing and coaching employees. Accountable for assuming the ‘In Charge’ role and responsibility, including providing clinical nursing leadership and consultation to team members, residents and families, direct nursing care and crisis intervention as needed.
- Bethany CollegeSide: RN-CS02-014
- FTE: 58%
- Position type: Part-Time Temporary (Position ends: November 30, 2019)
- Shift Type: 3 X Days (07:00 – 15:15) & 8 X Evenings (15:00 – 23:15)
- Casual positions available at both Bethany CollegeSide and Sylvan Lake
- FTE: 0%; no guaranteed shifts
- Shift type: Various (Days, Evenings, Nights)
*Interested applicants are eligible to be in casual pools for both facilities simultaneously*
- Health Care Aide opportunities are available for RN students who have completed their second year nursing program, and are continuing in the program.
What You Bring
- Graduated from an accredited Nursing School with a Bachelor of Nursing (BSN) degree
- Active Registration and in good standing with CARNA
- Current CPR
- Candidates with Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with 1 year experience preferred
- Gerontology Nursing experience and Dementia Care Certificate preferred
- Able to work effectively in a physically demanding environment
- Demonstrates ability to understand, speak, read, and write effectively in English
- Excellent observation, communication, and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of RAI/MDS 2.0 tool, computer skills and electronic documentation is preferred
How to Apply:
Like what you see and think you have what it takes to join our team? Apply Online before 23:00 on May 31, 2019 at: http://bethanyseniors.com/careers/ . Or, contact us directly with your cover letter and resume at HRServices@bethanyseniors.com
Please note this competition may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found. Bethany Care Society is an equal opportunity employer. Successful candidates will be required to obtain a Criminal Background Check. Bethany Care Society complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). By forwarding your resume to Bethany you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for this job competition. Your information will be kept strictly confidential.
All applicants are thanked for their interest.