Spinal Cord Injury Alberta
Reports To: Regional Program Coordinator
From May 6, 2019 – August 16, 2019
Job Summary: The Events Coordinator will help plan, organize and coordinate various special events (SCI AB Comedy Night/Golf Tournament/Diamonds and Denim)
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Meet with sponsors and organizing committees to plan event scope and format
- Source entertainment options and activities for participants, receive and process registrations.
- Design and implement public relations campaigns, respond to public requests for information.
- Recruit, coordinate and train volunteers in a variety of settings, and consider risk management issues related to volunteer roles.
- Attend meetings, arrange refreshments, record and distribute minutes
- Maintains updated mailing lists and database records
- Runs errands to pick up, drop off, etc. etc. (vehicle is a must)
- Examines and updates existing planning materials for all auctions and contests
- Takes the lead role in executing auction & contest plans and details, including acquisition of items using mail, e-mail, online applications, visits and phone calls
- Works closely with volunteers, provides leadership, decisions and quick answers
- Create signage for auction items
- Produce (or assist with production) of power point presentations
Skill Sets, Experience and Education:
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- The stamina and energy required to work long hours when required
- The ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment with flexibility, as well as independently
- The ability to pay close attention to details
- The ability to work well under pressure and make responsible decisions quickly.
External: Clients, members, general public, media, community agencies, government
Please submit resume and cover letter including references to email@example.com. Please include Events Coordinator in Subject