Flexible Learning Readiness Checklist
Does the following describe you?
- I have headphones or speakers, a webcam, and a microphone – if my instructor requires me to have them.
- I have a clean and quiet workspace. It’s important to minimize distractions and to make sure that you won’t be interrupted during an online class.
- I am comfortable sending emails, downloading content and browsing the web.
- I am comfortable communicating and interacting with my instructor and classmates via email, phone, video-chat or discussion boards.
- I enjoy using multimedia such as video, YouTube, podcasts, etc.
- I am self-motivated and am able to work independently.
- I have good time-management skills and am able to meet deadlines.
- I am able to find and commit to a work-school-life balance.
- I am self-motivated enough to succeed without face-to-face interaction with my instructor and classmates.
- I am ready to spend 5 - 10 hours each week per course. An online course has the same workload as an on-campus course.
- I am able to learn through visual presentation in digital form.
- I can recognize when I need help with academics or technology and will seek support when required.
If you answered “yes” to most of these statements you will likely be comfortable participating in a flexible learning course. If you answered “no” to most of these statement contact the Flexible Learning Office via flexible [dot] learning [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca (email) for more information to see if flexible learning is right for you!