Remote Testing for College Board Placement Tests
Due to COVID-19, our on campus testing services are temporarily suspended. Applicants have the option to take the English and/or Math College Board Placement Test using Examity.
NOTE: Keyboardings and Computer Literacy testing is still suspended.
Examity is a secure online proctoring service that allows students to test remotely at any convenient time (24/7).
Before registering for an ACCUPLACER exam, please read the following guidelines closely:
- You will be required to have a clean desk or table surface without items on it.
- You must use a computer that has a webcam and microphone.
- You must have a reliable internet connection.
- You must take the exam in a private space where you can take the test uninterrupted.
- The following are not allowed during testing: – Food, drink, calculators, cellphones, any other electronic devices and breaks.
- Scratch paper is allowed along with a standard pen/pencil.
- You will be monitored by video and a lockdown browser to dissuade you from using unauthorized resources on the web or in your testing environment.
You will receive an email from ACCUPLACER with your voucher code. This voucher code will allow you to schedule and take your exam.
Click the Examity link in the email which will bring you to the Examity registration page. Enter your first name, last name, email and hit register.
Once you’ve registered, you will receive a confirmation email with login credentials from Examity. You will then log into the Examity dashboard. From here, you will set up a profile and schedule your exam using the voucher code provided.
It does require pre-registration to set up a profile in the Examity platform.
IMPORTANT: When setting up your profile, you must upload a current and valid photo ID and schedule an appointment with Examity.
A minimum fee of approximately $30 per attempt is due when you schedule your exam.
Information on equipment testing is provided by Examity and found on this webpage: https://examity.com/ACCUPLACER-students/
Please email test [dot] centre [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca if you would like to take the College Board Placement Test remotely with the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Date of Birth
- RDC Student ID#