Kala teaches in the Bachelor of Science Nursing program at Red Deer College. She received her BScN from the University of British Columbia and her MN from the University of Calgary. She has worked primarily in perinatal nursing and started teaching at RDC in 2008.
MN, University of Calgary
BScN, University of British Columbia
Maternal Child Nursing
- Contributor, Canadian Maternity & Pediatric Nursing 1st Ed., Chow, J., Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, 2010-2011
- Streibel, K., Gulbransen, K., Convey, M., Silo, D., Rush, J., & Huseby, L. (2019). Replacing clinical time with progressive simulation. Presented at Western North-Western Region Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing conference, February 2019, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Nish, K., Follis, P., & Streibel, K. (2019). Pilot: Introducing mental health simulation with standardized patients to third year BScN students. Poster presented at Western North-Western Region Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing conference, February 2019, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Gibbins, V.J., Davidson, S., Lee, H., Macintyre, B., Jackman, D., Wilson-Keates, B., Streibel, K., Tannahill, A., Malo, S., Sinclaiar, L., Cross, J. (2017). Sim X-treme makeover! Gamification of a high-fidelity nursing simulation. Presented at Sim Expo, December 2017, Toronto, Ontario.
- Streibel, K., Dyck, A., & Smith, J. (2017). Red Deer College Faculty Advisor Initiative
- Panel Member “And Then You’ll See Her in the Grocery Store” AWHONN BC/Alberta Chapter education day, Calgary, Alberta, October 2010
- Poster Presentation “Second Year BScN Students Clinical Experience in a Community Medical Clinic” University of Alberta Collaborative Conference April 2010
Professional and/or RDC Leadership
- Family Centered Care Committee, Central Zone, Alberta Health Services
- Association of Women’s Health Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses
- Sigma Theta Tau, Mu Sigma Chapter
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning
- Simulation Canada
- Western North-Western Region Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing