Pre-employment Trades Programs
Prepare for a bright future in the Trades with your choice of Pre-Employment programs in carpentry, electrical, or welding. No prior experience is required.
Pre-Employment programs are available for four different trades, allowing you to gain the experience you need to enter into the trade of your choice. Prepare to enter the workforce and gain the upper hand when competing for entry-level employment with these unique, specialized learning opportunities.
You will learn
- Concepts taught in first-year Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT) technical training
- Hands-on skills through practical experience in the shop
- How to sell your skills to potential employers and build a trades resume
- To establish a network within your trade of interest and trades community
- Lessons, lectures, and exams are completed online during the live virtual classroom
- Practical hands-on application is done in-person on campus at RDC
- Learners must have 90% attendance to be eligible for successful completion
- Complete the first-year AIT exam
- Learners will be required to provide their own CSA-approved personal protective equipment for the practical component of each program
|Pre-Employment Carpentry (13 weeks)|
|Pre-Employment Electrical (12 weeks)|
|Pre-Employment Welding (12 weeks)|
|Pre-Employment Automotive Service Technician (12 weeks)|
Student Loans, Awards & Scholarships: Learn more about funding for courses within the Division of Extended Education.
Payment Plan: Reach out to us by ce [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca (subject: Pre-Employment%20Trades%20-%20Payment%20Plan) (email) to inquire about setting up a payment plan prior to registering.
How to Register
Registration is available online 24/7. Both Visa and Mastercard payments are accepted. If you are a business organization looking to register one or more employees, ce [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca (subject: Company%20Profile%20Request) (contact us) for information on setting up a Company Profile.
- Click to Register Now
- Create an account
- Choose your course and "add to cart"
- Click "Checkout"
- Pay online with a credit card – Payment Plan available! Reach out to us after step 2 to register with a payment option.