Management Skills for Commercial Kitchens
This program is an up-skilling opportunity that grants current or future kitchen owners and managers the skills and insight to manage a professional kitchen in any setting, ranging from food trucks, to long term care facilities. Develop practical skills you can implement immediately to create a high functioning and profitable kitchen. Gain a broad understanding of human resource management, inventory control, menu planning and marketing in our interactive online environment.
You will learn
- To create a functional kitchen layout
- To understand recipe conversions and portion sizes, and identify price points
- Human Resource skills, including staff recruitment and retention, and conflict resolution
- To develop a social media presence for your business and engage in social media marketing
- Time management, budget planning, and inventory control skills
- To recognize regulations regarding the Workers' Compensation Board, Occupational Health and Safety, and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- Online, asynchronous (available 24/7)
- This program is made up of 4 individual courses:
- Introduction to Professional Kitchen Management
- Professional Kitchen Management Operations
- Menu Planning in Professional Kitchens
- Human Resource Management in Professional Kitchens
- Complete courses in any order to tailor training to your career goals
- Each course includes instructional videos, PowerPoint presentations, case studies and assignments
This program qualifies for funding! Enroll one or more employees in the program and pay only one-third of the cost with the Canada-Alberta Job Grant! Apply at least 30 days in advance.
How to Register
Registration is available online 24/7. Both Visa and Mastercard payments are accepted. If you are a business or organization looking to register one or more employees, ce [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca (subject: Company%20Profile%20Request) (contact us )for information on setting up a Company Profile.
- Click to view all course offerings open for registration
- Find the course you want and "add to cart"
- Create an account
- Click "Checkout"
- Pay online with a credit card