Health Care Practice and Management
Enhance your theoretical nursing knowledge and clinical skills in the Canadian context with this comprehensive and applied two-year learning experience. Take a deep dive into management and organizational structure in a health care environment and prepare to be a leader within Canadian health care organizations.
This two-year Career Development Diploma prepares internationally educated nurses to integrate their prior education into the Canadian health care environment and take on management or leadership roles. Explore foundational business and management concepts and learn how to apply them to challenges faced by both public and private health care organizations.
Graduates of the program will be perfectly positioned to lead their organization in achieving business and strategic goals. The importance of critical thinking and significance of cultural diversity are both emphasized in this immersive and dynamic program. Graduates will also gain valuable strategies for completing the regulatory examination process for professional certification in Canada.
- English for Nursing Practice
- Professional Communication
- Variations in Health
- Health Care Policies in Canadian Provinces
- Professional Practice
- Physical Examination
- Health Care Law
- Maternal, Newborn & Pediatrics
- Critical Thinking & Leadership
- Ethical Considerations in Health Care Management
- Mental Health
- Financial Practices
- Nursing Preparation
- Strategic Planning in Health Care Organizations
- Human Resources Management
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a recognized institution
- Registered as a registered nurse (RN) in good standing in their country of origin
- Minimum of 1125 hours of nursing experience within the last four years prior to application
- Overall IELTS Academic 6.5 (with no band below 6.0 or equivalent)
- Must pass an assessment test and an interview with the Program Leader
How to Apply
Download the application form here.
Submit the completed application and all required supporting documents to the Division of Extended Education ce [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca (by email).
Once your documents have been reviewed, you will be contacted by Red Deer College to pay the non-refundable application fee ($120 for domestic students or $150 for international students).
Once your application is approved, you will be contacted with a conditional acceptance letter and further information on how to pay for you full program tuition.