Build confidence and develop essential English language skills as you gain exposure to Alberta workplace language in three distinct fields: trades, medical, or technology. Prepare for further education or employment while you develop your career plan and learning portfolio in this 10-month program.
Are you an English language learner? Use the Entrance Education Tool to find out the best program fit for your goals and English language level.
You will learn
- Essential skills, including reading, writing, numeracy, document use, oral communication, teamwork, thinking, computer use, and continuous learning
- Workplace terminology in the medical field, trades industry, or technology industry
- To create a learning portfolio and improve your interview skills
- Learn in-person, on-campus at RDC
- Course work includes lectures, assignments, exams, presentations, essay writing, research projects and tours.
- Additional homework time is required outside of class times
- Learners will be required to purchase their textbooks*. Further information will be provided prior to the program start date.
*Funding is available through Alberta Works to cover the cost of textbooks. Learn more
|English as a Second Language Levels 5/6|
|Applied Skills Development|
Alberta Works grant funding is available to eligible adult learners enrolled in this program. Learn more about Alberta Works funding and eligibility criteria.
How to Apply
Download and complete this application form and submit it with required English language documentation to the Division of Extended Education via email at ce [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca.