Instrumentation Engineering Technology Diploma
|Two year diploma program with
a Fall start
| Average hourly wage is
Are you passionate about:
- Problem solving?
- Technical tasks?
- Creating results?
Then Instrumentation Engineering Technology is your program. Are you up for the challenge?
The Instrumentation Engineering Technology program at RDC is a fast paced, career driven program. New to RDC for September 2017, this program fosters skills in design, installation, and maintenance of industrial control systems.
- Push your limits in both theoretical and hands-on application of Instrumentation Engineering fundamentals
- Develop skills with desktop computers and computer programs, Programmable Logic Controllers, Process Automation, Design, and Graphical Interfaces (HMI)
- Be prepared to enter a high-demand career with rapid growth opportunity
- Experienced instructors and industry experts who collaborated to create a great program
- New lab facilities and access to technology in RDC’s Centre for Innovation and Manufacturing
Why we are great!
- We have worked with local industry stakeholders to create courses that are current and in line with what employers need you to know
- We teach innovative, relevant and dynamic material
- Graduates of RDC’s Instrumentation Engineering Technology program are eligible for recognition towards Instrument Technician Journeyperson certification with Apprenticeship and Industry Training
- We foster direct connections to future employers in our Professional Practice and Capstone courses
Graduates from the Instrumentation Engineering Technology diploma are qualified to apply for Instumentation Engineering Technologist positions. Instrumentation Engineering Technologists find long-term, rewarding careers in many areas including:
- Exploration and acquisition of oil, gas, and minerals
- Oil and gas pipelines systems and metering
- Municipal power, water, and waste management utilities
- Process operations associated with oil and gas refinement, mineral extraction, and wood products
- Power generation and grid distribution
- Manufacturing automation and fabrication facilities
- Food and pharmaceutical processing
- Engineering design and consultation
- Technical Sales Representatives
More information can be found at RDC’s Academic Calendar.