Program Transfers  

The Educational Assistant (EA) program has an internal transfer agreement with Early Learning & Child Care (ELCC) here at Red Deer College. Please contact the School of Education or the Recognition of Prior Learning office to find out more.

Athabasca University takes RDC's one-year certificate for Educational Assistant as a full block transfer towards their Bachelor of Professional Arts with a Human Services major.  Students are required to present an additional 30 credits prior to admittance into the Bachelor of Professional Arts program. Contact Athabasca University student advisor for recommended courses. 

For more information contact Athabasca University at 1.800.788.9041 or check out their web site at  Athabasca University

(Students should keep in mind that negotiations can be initiated in some related university courses if your grades are high enough. Rules and regulations at universities are always changing and new possibilities continue to arise. Make appointments to discuss transfer possibilities with the institutional personnel from the program and institution you want to attend.)