The Academic Upgrading program helps students unlock the door to further education and better employment.
We give adult students the opportunity to
- upgrade academic skills in high school equivalency courses
- meet entrance requirements for post-secondary programs
- acquire a High School Equivalency Diploma
If you require more education to do what you really want in life, this is the place for you.
Together we can unlock the door.
Students entering our program are given assessments in Math and English to ensure appropriate entry level. Following the assessment, students submit a completion form letting us know about their career and educational goals. We then provide their results and a recommend course sequence. Together, the student and academic advisor create a learning plan which will, as efficiently as possible, provide the necessary prerequisites for the desired program.
What to expect
- Face-to-face instruction
- Fifteen-week courses (Fall/Winter)
- Seven-week courses (Spring)
- Free tutoring
Funding may also be available. Visit our Upgrading Funding page to see if you qualify.