1. High School Diploma with no mark below 50% in:
- ELA 30-1 or ELA 30-2
- Social Studies 30-1
2. Mature Student: You must be 19 years of age or older, out of high school at least one full year before the program starts, and have a minimum mark of 50% in ELA 30-1 or ELA 30-2
A minimum score of 250 on the Reading component, 250 on the Writing component and 5 on the WritePlacer Test.
Note: Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency in addition to the program admission requirements.
Once it has been determined that you have met the academic requirements above, you will be mailed a package of materials which includes:
- A personal questionaire and details concerning three required reference letters.
- Documentation of a minimum of 100 hours of volunteer OR employment experience. The purpose of the volunteer OR employment experience is exposure to the human services field. The volunteer hours should be completed with one organization. Your main function must involve contact with people, and one reference letter needs to be completed by the employment or volunteer supervisor. For further information see the volunteer information on the departmental webpage.
- Information regarding an interview with a Social Work faculty member; this interview is required as part of admission.
Please complete and submit the personal questionnaire, reference letters and documentation of 100 volunteer/work experience hours to the Office of the Registrar.
If the Office receives this information by February 15, you will be contacted for an interview.