Is Red Deer College open?
Upon direction provided by the Government of Alberta on March 15, 2020, Red Deer College cancelled all in-person classes. Students will complete their courses through online or alternate delivery, and they will learn these details from their instructors.
Please note the following changes to RDC’s campuses and facilities:
Donald School of Business:
- RDC’s downtown campus, home of the Donald School of Business, will be open Wednesday and Thursday, April 8 and 9, 2020, to allow faculty and staff to remove any personal items and materials they need to work from home.
- Effective Monday April 13, RDC’s Donald School of Business will temporarily close, until further notice. No public access will be accommodated, and all instructors and staff will be working from home and responding virtually to student or other inquiries.
- Effective Monday, April 13, there will be no public access permitted on RDC's main campus. Any students, employees, visitors or guests must attend RDC’s main campus for business purposes and need to have pre-approved appointments to pick-up or receive goods or services to be on main campus.
- To further encourage faculty and staff to work from home, starting Monday, April 20, all employees who need to work from, or access main campus for any other reasons, will be required to obtain the written pre-approval of the Dean or Director of their School or Division prior to arriving at main campus. View details about this Check-In Procedure.
- This written pre-approval should include the date(s) in which the employee is approved to be at RDC’s main campus.
- Deans and Directors should please email approval to the employee and cc to SecurityCentre [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca and Dan [dot] Sarrasin [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca to ensure the Campus Security team is aware of who has been pre-approved to be on campus.
- Effective Monday, April 20, all student access to RDC’s main campus will stop, with the exception of students who are coming to clean out their lockers and/or access the Students’ Association (SA) Food Bank as noted below:
- Students will be required to clean out their lockers by Thursday, April 30 and return locks to the SA. If students are unable to physically come to campus to complete this task, please sardc-general [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca (email )the Students’ Association to establish alternative arrangements. Please note the SA is currently open Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm.
- Students who require access to the SA Food Bank can fill out and submit this Food Bank Application.
- Students who do not have access to a computer or laptop to complete course work can email their name, program, and contact information to rdclibrary [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca. The Library has some laptops that can be signed out on a first-come first-served basis. Library staff will contact students to determine how best to meet their needs, whether they need a laptop for an hour, a day, or a week. We will be flexible with loan times, while striving to ensure equitable access to technology for all students. Learners may also contact RDC’s Library through online chat or phone for other inquiries.
See the Temporary Facility Closures section of these FAQS for full details.
Please stay connected with rdc.ab.ca/coronavirus for up-to-date information.
RDC Main Campus
Mon-Fri 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Main Phone: 403.342.3400
Toll-free: 1.888.732.4630 (in Canada only)
Email: inquire [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
RDC Main Campus Location
100 College Boulevard | Box 5005
Red Deer, Alberta | T4N 5H5