Applying for Residence
Needing a place to stay while you attend RDC?
See the process below to Register for Residence. Please note that you must have conditional or clear admission into a program at Red Deer College to begin this process. If you do not have conditional or clear admission you must wait until this is recieved prior to applying for Residence.
Step 1: Residence Account Registration (Only for New Students to Residence)
Click on the link below. You will be redirected to enter your RDC Loop credentials. These credentials will be provided to new students typically through the mail after acceptance. Once entered this will send personal details to our Residence Housing System to create you an account to begin the application process. This will send: First Name, Last Name, Student ID, Personal Email Address.
Residence account creation does take approx (1) hour to complete. Please complete the next steps after (1) hour. If you have lived in Residence since Fall 2019 please continue directly to Step 2.
Please note that you must have recieved RDC Loop Credentials to begin the registration process.
Step 2: Residence Portal
Login into the Residence Portal through the link below. Click Login in the right corner. Click Login with an external service: RDC- Student SSO Login. This will now ask for your RDC username and password (same as logging into the Loop).
Step 3: Applying for Residence
Click the Applying for Housing Tab.
Select appropriate application to begin your application for Residence.
- Apprentice Applications are broken down by dates of course.
- Academic Year Application allows application from October 1, 2019 until August 30, 2020.
- Family and Couple Housing Application allows application from September 1, 2019 until June 30, 2020.
Step 4: Pay for Application
Once you have completed your application an application fee will be required. This is payable online through the application.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact RDC Residence at 403.342.3257 or residence [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca (subject: Online%20Application)
Application Dates (Full Time Students)
- For the Full academic year (Sept-April) and the Fall Term (Sept - Dec) we start accepting applications as of October 1.
- For the Winter Term (Jan-April) we start accepting applications on November 1.
- For the Spring and Summer Months (May-Aug) we start accepting applications as of February 1.
- Please note: 2018 Summer tenants can stay in Residence until August 19 unless you are also staying in Residence through the academic year (you must be a full-time student)
Application Dates (Apprenticeship Students)
- You can begin applying for Residence after you have registered in your course.
- All Canadian applicants are required to pay a $40 non-refundable application fee to process the application. If you are an international student please note that the application fee is $60. This fee must be paid online throug Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
The personal information that you provide on this form is being collected for the purpose of registering for a system user account, and is being collected in compliance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act of Alberta, Section 33(c). Your personal information will be used to register, apply, rooming, payment for residence units/accommodations. If you have any questions about the collection of information on this form, please contact the Residence Operations Coordinator, Red Deer College, 100 College Blvd., Box 5005, Red Deer, Alberta T4N 5H5, Telephone: 403.342.3174.