COVID-19 and International Students
RDC has implemented several preventive measures to help mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19. We understand that these actions may have a unique impact on our international students. For up-to-date information on RDC's response to COVID-19, please visit the Novel Coronavirus webpage, which includes COVID-19 information for international students.
Studying in Canada at RDC
RDC is located in Alberta, a beautiful and vibrant province in Canada. With the Rocky Mountains to the west and the open prairies to the east, RDC is situated in Red Deer, which is Alberta’s fourth-largest city.
Choosing a program
RDC has a variety of different programs to challenge, inspire and prepare students for the future. Program options include certificates, diplomas, university transfers and degrees. Program length ranges from several months to four years, depending on the area of study. Check out the popular programs accepting international students:
- Administrative Professional Certificate
- Business Administration Diploma
- Legal Assistant Diploma
- Early Learning and Child Care Certificate
- Early Learning and Child Care Diploma
- Educational Assistant Certificate
- Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma
- Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma
- Bachelor of Applied Arts in Film, Theatre and Live Entertainment Applied Degree
- Visual Arts Diploma
- Kinesiology and Sports Studies Diploma
- Pre-Health Sciences Certificate
- Justice Studies Diploma
- University Transfer Studies Diploma
Learning at RDC
RDC’s programs are led by expert instructors who care, with practical and applied learning opportunities that allow students to gain experiences for the real world. Class sizes are small across the majority of programs, which means that students establish meaningful relationships with their instructors and their peers.
Getting to know RDC
The College has served learners for 56 years, creating a strong foundation for us to continue expanding and evolving our programs and opportunities.
Here is a quick look at RDC:
- 7,500 full- and part-time students
- RDC Athletics includes 7 different sports and 15 teams
- 96% of graduates are satisfied with the quality of their education
- 92% of graduates find employment within 6 months of graduation
In addition, RDC’s main campus features new world-class facilities, including a teaching, learning and athletic centre that can host national and international competitions. Main campus also features a new Residence building, dynamic performing arts facilities, an innovative Alternative Energy Lab and a wide variety of spaces to study and socialize.
RDC has two campuses: main campus and downtown campus, both located in Red Deer. RDC’s main campus is a picturesque place to learn and live, with 290 acres – almost 120 hectares – that includes state-of-the-art facilities surrounded by nature and trails.