Apprentice Training Award
What is it?
The Apprentice Training Award is a $1,000 award available to apprentices who are unemployed in their trade for at least 30 consecutive days immediately prior to the start of technical training.
- Must be registered in the Alberta apprenticeship program for at least 30 consecutive days immediately prior to the start of technical training
- Must be registered in a technical training period
- Must be unemployed in your trade* for a minimum of 30 consecutive days immediately prior to the start of technical training
* "Unemployed in your trade" means you do not have an employer holding your Contract of Apprenticeship
- Must not have previously received the Apprentice Training Award for the same technical training period
How do I apply?
Apprentice and Industry Training (AIT) will notify apprentices who may be eligible based on the apprentice's information in MyTradesecrets. Notification will occur on the first day of technical training. Apprentices must then provide their consent, Social Insurance Number and a legal declaration.
Once eligibility has been determined and verified, a cheque will be mailed to the address on file with MyTradesecrets.
View the Apprentice Training Award Frequently Asked Questions for answers to a variety of questions concerning eligibility, processing and receiving the award.
Where can I get more information?
Email: AT [dot] Award [at] gov [dot] ab [dot] ca (subject: Apprentice%20Training%20Award)
Apprenticeship & Industry Training phone service: 1-800-248-4823
Student Connect Centre
Room 1102 | RDC
Box 5005 - 100 College Blvd, Red Deer, AB T4N 5H5
t: 403.342.3254 | f: 403.342.3262 | e: studentconnect [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca