It is the College's expectation that every student who receives services, for which a financial obligation is incurred, meet that obligation. College staff are empowered to act in accordance with established procedures to carry out the intent of this policy. Admission to the college, permission to register, transcripts, enrollment verifications and diplomas/certificates will be withheld for failure to meet financial obligations.
RDC reserves the right to correct errors or omissions in publishing and alter fees without notice.
These fees are in addition to regular tuition rates that reflect extra costs associated with offering the courses such as travel, supplies, and materials.
Material and special fees are due and payable by the Fees' Due Date and are levied on a course by course basis. Please review the list : Material and Special Fees.
Tuition and fees for each term in 2019 - 2020 are due on or before the due dates:
Fall Term (201920) - August 9, 2019
Winter Term (201930) - January 6, 2020
Spring Term (201940) - May 4, 2020
Any alternate arrangements for deferrals or payment plans must be made before the due dates and if tuition or fees remain unpaid after the due date your registration will be canceled. You may be allowed to re-register if space is available with payment due at the time of re-registration.
Click here for information on tuition extensions for funded students.
- Register with your bank to make on-line payments to RDC using your 9 digit student ID number as your account number
- Allow 3 business days for bank processing
Credit card or interac/debit online:
- Go into your Loop account and click on the money matters tab then eBill + ePayments to pay by Interac/debit, Visa, Mastercard or American Express
- Must be in the form of credit card payments made on line, in person or by phone (to ensure timely refund processing). Payments made by international wire transfers may be rejected if no tuition/fees are outstanding. Refunds for international wire transfers may take over 6 months to process. Refunds paid by credit card will be refunded to the credit card holder and any payment made by cheque, cash or wire transfer will be refunded to the student only. RDC will require student authorization to release information to other parties even if they paid on your behalf.
Payments by cheques, bank drafts or money orders:
- Payable to Red Deer College
- Must include your 9 digit student ID number
- Postdated cheques and payments are not accepted
- Mail to - Red Deer College, Fees Office, 100 College Boulevard, Box 5005, Red Deer, AB, T4N 5H5
- A payment drop box is located to the right of the main entrance security Desk
Credit card payments by phone:
- Contact Fees Office during regular business hours Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm - phone 403 342 3132
- All acceptable forms of payment (cash, cheque, Interac/debit, or credit card) can be made at the Fees Office during office hours Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Higher Ed Points:
- Red Deer College students can now fund their school fees by converting Aeroplan® Miles through HigherEdPoints.com. For more information and to set up an account, click here.
Student loans, awards or other funding:
- Students receiving scholarships, bursaries, student loans or other types of funding are responsible for verifying that those amounts will cover the costs owing or pay the outstanding balance. Click here for information on how to pay your tuition with student funding.
- If you are a sponsored student who is entitled to have your tuition and fees billed to a corporate sponsor (employer, first nations, not-for-profit or other agency) you must ensure the completed documentation is forwarded to Financial Services/Fees office before the fee deadline. See the following document on how to set up a sponsorship.
- Letters, purchase orders or agreements should be faxed to 403 357 3660, emailed to cashier [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca or mailed directly to Financial Services/Fees office.
Before March 1st of each year, a Tuition, Education, and Textbook Amounts Certificate (T2202A) for the previous calendar year will be available to all eligible students through their personal student web account. Login to the secure area and follow instructions. Upgrading programs are not eligible for a T2202A.
Email questions to Cashier [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca.
Students who cancel registration from a program:
- prior to the last day to pay deadline will receive a 100% refund of tuition and fees
- after the last day to pay deadline but before the last day to add/drop, the refund will be reduced by a cancelation fee of $100/course (to a maximum of $500) or $500/course (to a maximum of $1000) for International Students.
- after the last day to add/drop will not receive a refund
Students who have special circumstances may submit an appeal in writing to the Registrar.
If the college cancels a course, tuition and fees will be fully refunded.
Refund processing may take up to four weeks. Payments made by credit card will be refunded to the original credit card (except Residence deposits) and all other forms of payments will be refunded by cheque.
Refunds for corporate sponsored students will be made directly to the corporate sponsor.
Refunds for students who received government agency funding, will be repaid to the government agency first.
International refunds for wire transfers may take over 6 months to process unless the tuition was paid by a credit card. Refunds paid by credit card will be refunded to the credit card holder and any payment made by cheque, cash or wire transfer will be refunded to the student only. RDC will require student authorization to release information to other parties even if they paid on your behalf.
Students who are receiving scholarships from outside Red Deer College are responsible for paying tuition and fees by the term due date. Scholarship cheques issued to the college on the student’s behalf will be credited to the student’s account when received. Any refunds will be returned to the sponsoring agency unless the student can provide written authorization from the sponsoring agency to allow a refund to the student. For information on how your RDC award will be paid, please refer to your scholarship letter.
Activity and Wellness Fee
The revenues from this fee are used to improve and expand student access and programming related to physical activity, wellness and athletics including:
· Substantial reduction in the student membership fee at the Train Station exercise facility.
· Expanded range of intramural and extramural activities (especially in non-competitive activities - ie. outdoor pursuits club, weight training, snowboarding).
Students auditing a course will be charged 50% of all tuition and fees assessed for that course, including Student's Association, Material or Special Fees and International Student differential. Students may only register as audit status during the last 2 days of registration for the term and will not receive a rebate of any fees once registered as an audit.
Students who are 65 years of age or older can audit courses without paying the tuition portion of the audit fee.
Facility, Service & Technology Fee
The Facility, Service & Technology Fee established in 2011/2012 is intended to provide support towards maintaining the following infrastructure:
- Support for enhancement and modernization of emergency communication systems
- Security systems: College wide video surveillance system (live and recording)
- Support for improvements on both the interior and exterior signage to enhance way finding
- Improved interior environment (study kiosks, flooring, washrooms, accessibility for disabled students)
- Improved exterior environment for students through enhanced pedestrian systems
- Registration & Advising services
- Student Connect Centre
- Career and Personal Counseling services
- Student Identification Card
- Administrative infrastructure – constant modernization and expansion of the college’s administrative software and related network/wireless infrastructure
- Modernization & Maturation of Technology – Development of mobile applications to assist students with accessing college services (grades, class schedules etc)
- Provision of on line services (registration, payments etc)
To learn more about your Students' Association fees, please see the Students' Association's website.
The Students’ Association offers an affordable Health & Dental Plan for full time RDC students (with minimum 9 billing credits/term). If you have other extended health/dental coverage you may waive the student benefits plan by submitting the completed the waiver form prior to the opt-out deadline. (The waiver form and deadlines is available at the Fees Office, on the plan website, at the SA Office or contact the SARDC Student Benefits Office 403-356-4982).
Tuition and Student Association fees are charged on the number of billing credits for the courses in which you are registered. Some courses are also assessed Material and Special Fees as listed in the calendar. Please see Program Cost Estimates below for estimated fees for your program. Billing credits are assessed in accordance with the Assignment of Academic and Billing Credits to Courses Policy.
Tuition fees for 2019/2020 will be determined based on the maximum allowable under the Tuition Fee Policy
Canadian/Permanent Resident Student Tuition (per billing credit) = $ 110.50
International Student Tuition (per billing credit) = $ 387.00