With the COVID-19 situation, Red Deer College has made changes to service areas and facilities; these changes will continue until further notice. Students and community members are encouraged to do business with RDC by email or phone. Please note the details and contact information provided below.
Academic Advising through Schools
Admission, Registration and Information Services
Campus Store and The Pulse
Centre for Teaching and Learning
Child Care Centre
Donald School of Business
Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre
Health, Safety and Wellness Centre
Student Connect Centre
Students’ Association of Red Deer College
School Academic Advising services will be holding online appointments until further notice. Please see the contact emails below for each School.
- School of Arts and Sciences: artscienceinfo [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
- School of Creative Arts: creativearts [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
- Donald School of Business: dsbinfo [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
- School of Education: education [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
- School of Health Sciences: healthsciences [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
- School of Trades & Technologies: tradesandtechnologies [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
- School of Continuing Education: ce [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
Please see information under the Library section for details about Academic Support such as tutoring and learning strategies.
Until further notice, Admission, Registration and Information Services are available for online and phone services only.
Please contact admissions [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca to connect with staff in these areas.
Update April 2, 2020:
With the Campus Store currently closed for in-person traffic, students who rented textbooks and other course materials that are due in April can ship these rented items by mail with a shipping label provided by the Campus Store.
- To receive your free shipping rental return label, email the 0913mgr [at] follett [dot] com (Campus Store). When you email, include your first and last names, your address and your daytime phone number. The Campus Store will then email you a shipping label.
- You will then have to bring your rental return shipment to the nearest Purolator drop-off store to be shipped to RDC’s Campus Store.
- If you rented materials online, you may convert these items to purchase or extend the rentals by visiting rdc.ab.ca/campusstore and then logging in to “My Account” on or before the due date which was provided at the time of rental.
You may purchase course materials and other merchandise for the Spring and Summer 2020 semesters from the Campus Store and The Pulse by visiting rdc.ab.ca/campusstore. Purchases will be shipped for free to the mailing address you provide in your online order.
RDC’s Campus Store is pleased to provide free shipping for book rental returns and new purchases that are made on its website as a small way to help make this situation less stressful for our students and other customers.
Email the 0913mgr [at] follett [dot] com (Campus Store) for further details.
Cashier Services are available for online and phone inquiries only until further notice.
Contact cashier [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca or call 403.342.3400.
The Centre for Teaching and Learning is available for online service delivery only. Please visit Centre for Teaching and Learning or email ctl [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca for details.
RDC's Child Care Centre is currently closed, until further notice, in accordance with Alberta Health Services and Alberta Government directives. We look forward to welcoming back the children we care for each day, when it is safe to do so.
RDC’s Counsellors are offering virtual or phone-in appointments for students who require assistance.
Email counselling [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca or call 403.343.4064 for details. Online resources are also available on at Counselling Services.
Please see information under the Library section for details about Disability Resources.
Effective Monday, March 23, RDC’s Donald School of Business (located in the Millennium Centre downtown) will be open from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm on weekdays. Please note that this is a temporary reduction in hours, until further notice. Certain classrooms, most computer labs and other spaces within this School will be temporarily closed to alleviate repeatedly cleaning those spaces. Common areas, faculty and staff offices and washrooms will continue to receive regular cleaning.
The Flexible Learning Office is available for online service delivery only. Please visit Flexible Learning or email flexible [dot] learning [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca for details.
Please note the following details regarding food services on RDC’s main campus. These changes are in place until further notice:
- Tim Hortons in the Red Deer Bottling Forum will be closed
- Food services in The Marketplace are currently closed
- Food services in the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre are closed
- All RDC catering through Chartwells will stop, for meetings or otherwise, until further notice
- The FarSide Bar & Grill and The Lift (operated by RDC’s Students’ Association) is closed effective immediately, until further notice
These decisions will be reviewed and any updates to future service delivery will be shared as soon as possible.
Please note there will be no food and beverage service on main campus, other than vending machines. Anyone working or visiting main campus is asked to bring your own food and beverages.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we strive to find the best solutions at this unique time.
RDC is temporarily closing all of its sports and recreation facilities, including programming and associated bookings, as of noon on Monday, March 16.
The facilities and programming impacted by this include:
- Collicutt Performance Fitness Zone
- Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre Arena
- Fas Gas – On The Run Gymnasium
- Border Paving Running Track
- Larkaun Homes Squash Courts
- All Fitness and Wellness Programming and Classes
- Be Fit For Life Centre
The Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre remains open, as do the other buildings on RDC’s campuses.
Please note: effective March 24, 2020, the Centre will be accessible from the north entrance only; all other exterior doors will be locked. Please see the Temporary Facility Closures section of the Novel Coronavirus FAQs for further details.
Red Deer College students, faculty and staff are asked to contact the Health, Safety and Wellness Centre by email (Health [dot] Safety [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca) if they suspect they have COVID-19 or if they have tested positive for the illness.
In-person and walk-in traffic at IT Services is closed at this time to encourage social distancing.
IT Services team members remain available to assist students and employees, and remote support options are available.
Individuals can call IT Services and arrange a time to drop-off a laptop or other College device for servicing.
Email servicedesk [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca or call 403.342.3580 for assistance from IT Services.
RDC’s Library is closed for in-person traffic until further notice. This decision will be reviewed and updates to future service delivery will be shared as soon as possible.
Disability Resources and Tutoring continues to be available through online service delivery.
Individuals can continue to contact Library staff to receive assistance online. Staff can be reached through online chat and by phone.
Visit rdc.libguides.com/covid19 to connect online with Library staff and to review available hours for inquiries. This website also has information about returning materials, access to laptops, updates on Disability Resources, Academic Support, and more.
Library staff are available during regular hours, by chat, phone, or email. Contact them here.
Print Centre will only hold printed order for pick-up; deliveries to requesting departments at RDC are not occurring at this time.
Students living in Residence have received information from RDC to inform their decision-making. Below is a synopsis:
- Students are permitted to stay in our Residences, if they wish
- If students wish to move-out for home or other accommodations, the Residence Administration team is working with students to assist them
- If students choose to vacate their Residence unit early, RDC has waived all early termination charges, and will be prorating Residence rate based upon move-out date
- Public gathering spaces are closed, and all events have been cancelled to encourage social distancing
- No visitors are being permitted to visit our Residences
- Campus Security continues to be available 24/7
Contact rdc [dot] residence [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca or call 403.342.3257.
Staff are available for online services only. Please note there will be no in-person appointments or drop-in inquires until further notice.
Email studentconnect [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca for assistance.
Updates March 27, 2020:
Effective Monday, March 30, the Students’ Association (SA) hours will be adjusted:
- Open 10:00 am - 3:00 pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Closed on Mondays and Fridays
The SA, in partnership with local grocery stores, provides RDC students with a 10% discount on groceries at Sobeys Village Mall, 5% discount at Sobeys South and 5% discount at IGA Eastview. To receive these discounts, students should show their RDC iCard at the grocery store check-out.
- Students may also apply to receive a food hamper by completing this Food Bank Application if they are experiencing financial shortfalls. To help the greatest number of students, hampers are limited to a maximum of one hamper per four-month term and a lifetime maximum of three hampers.
Call the Students’ Association at 403.342.3200 or email inquiries as follows:
- Academic supports & other student challenges: sardc-president [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
- Health and dental: reddeerplan [at] mystudentplan [dot] ca
- General inquiries: sardc-general [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
Looking to return your lock? Students can return locks to the Students’ Association office to receive the $10 refund. You have until June 30, 2020, to do this except in the 2400 hallway: this area is undergoing a renovation, so students who have lockers in this hallway are asked to return the locks by March 31, 2020.
For current updates and details about the Students’ Association, please visit their website.
Update March 23, 2020: Effective immediately, all in-person testing in RDC’s Test Centre is cancelled until further notice. Test Centre staff will contact students and faculty who have exam bookings scheduled in Access+. If previously booked testing is impacted, Test Centre staff will assist individuals with setting up alternate arrangements to ensure testing is completed, and to ensure that students receive the accommodations they require.
Contact test [dot] centre [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca for questions related to RDC exam accommodations
External testing is closed until further notice.
Contact Tracy [dot] Wilson2 [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca for questions related to external testing.