Career Services for Students
The Counselling and Career Centre provides free support and services to RDC students from career counselling to employment services.
- Check our online Job Board and great employment opportunities at RDC
- Workshops on career planning, resume and cover letter writing and interview skills, just to name a few!
- Individual employment counselling
- Information on work abroad opportunities
- Employer Spotlight is an event offered various times throughout the year that gives you the opportunity to connect with numerous, future employers for recruiting and information sharing purposes.
This support can be critical when students are determining their career paths while still focusing on their academic course work. Drop by the Counselling & Career Centre, Room 1402, or call 403.343.4064 to make an appointment. Get the tools you need to succeed in the workplace!
Are you needing help with...
Have you ever wondered...
Choose from the links below to explore possible career choices.
More program information coming soon.
If you are undecided about your career or if you would like to start success planning for your chosen occupation THIS IS THE PLACE TO START!
The information provided in these program areas will give students ideas as to some typical careers/jobs that are associated with your major. Each program area outlines related job titles, typical employers, necessary skills as well as links to relevant associations for that degree or diploma.
This by no means implies that these jobs are the only options you have; these careers are just samples of what you can do. Remember that you can do any career you want with your degree; follow your interests and values and your options will be limitless.
Did you know...
Most jobs are not advertised? Over 80% of job seekers find employment through the hidden job market.
Most of these "hidden" jobs can be found by making cold calls to potential employers, networking and conducting information interviews?
There are over 2500 careers in Canada?
What are you waiting for? There's a world of opportunity for you to discover!
Job Search Tips - click here for info
- Employers are invited to submit employment opportunities using our RDC Career Centre Job Board. This board is accessed by current RDC students, alumni, and the general public
- Information/Instructions on posting jobs - download form to the right
- For services to employers including job postings, recruitment support and the Employer Spotlight event, contact Career and Employment Services
- Employer Spotlights provide employers an opportunity to meet one-on-one to recruit students and advertise employment opportunities
- Several scheduled dates to choose from as well the option to find an alternate date that works best for your organization
- Join us as we bring employers, students, community members, those seeking employment or career change together to explore employment and career opportunities
- Stay tuned for future dates
Counselling & Career Centre
Room 1402 | Main Campus
t: 403.343.4064 | e: employmentservices [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca