COVID-19 Update: Due to COVID-19, The Alberta Summer Music Workshop Association has made the decision to cancel MusiCamp Alberta 2020 because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. While it is disappointing, it is a prudent decision at this time for the health and safety of our musicampers, their families and friends, and the staff at Red Deer College.
Come explore the possibilities! Browse our new 2020 MusiCamp Alberta brochure! Do you already know what you want to take?
MusiCamp Alberta is the provincial overnight summer music workshop! MusiCamp Alberta offers an immersive musical experience second to none, and an artistic and personal transformation that will last a lifetime. Faculty are world-class performers and teachers from professional ensembles who work with camp staff to cultivate artistry, discipline and an appreciation of music. Practice time, faculty recitals, master classes, chamber music, rehearsals, performances and organized recreation activities complete the camp experience. Listen to last year's MusiCamp concerts!
- David J. Peterkin Symphonic Band: Ages 15 – 18 with at least three years instrument experience.
- Francis E. Dunnigan Concert Band: Ages 12 – 15 with at least two years instrument experience.
- Jazz Band Workshop: Ages 13 – 18 with at least two years instrument experience.
- NEW! Jazz Band Intensive: Ages 15 – 18 with at least three years instrument experience.
- Musical Theatre Intensive + Performance: Ages 13 - 18 For all who are interested in skill-building and personalized coaching in acting, voice and dance.
- Musical Theatre Performance: Ages 13 - 18 For any level of experience and who want to learn vocal technique, performance skills and choreography.
For more information or for any questions, please contact the director at musicampdirector [at] gmail [dot] com or 1.780.905.8976
Note: Students are supervised both day and night.
For more information or for any questions, please call the School of Continuing Education at 403.356.4900