Pre-employment Trades Program
Prepare yourself for future employment in the industry of your choice. The Pre-employment Trades programs in electrical, carpentry, pipe trades (gasfitter, steamfitter/pipefitter, plumber) and welding will prepare you to enter the workforce and give you an advantage when competing for entry-level employment. No experience is required to be a part of these unique, specialized programs.
- Receive first-year Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT) technical training
- Gain practical experience in the shop
- Build a trades resume and learn how to sell your skills to potential employers
- Complete first-year AIT exam and earn two industry tickets
- Establish a network within your trade and community
- Payment plan available (inquire with registration)
- Attend either 34-week or 12-week program
- Maintain 90% attendance during the 360 course hours
- CSA-approved personal protective equipment is required for the practical component of each program
- Government funding is available: Learn more
- A payment plan is available. Please inquire at the time of registration.
- Red Deer College offers scholarships, awards, and bursaries for Pre-Employment students. See current opportunities.
For any questions or for more information, contact the School of Continuing Education at 403.356.4900.