Trauma Informed Educator's Certificate
Trauma-informed practice by educators and caregivers can inspire critical improvement in learners affected by trauma. Designed for individuals who work with children and youth in learning environments such as childcare centers, support programs and traditional classrooms, this certificate develops practical skills to implement in the learning environment. Working with case studies, course readings, and class discussions, students develop the skillset to ensure learners impacted by trauma have the best opportunity to succeed.
- Recognize the developmental impacts of trauma
- Identify Trauma-Informed care principles, resilience and post-traumatic growth
- Examine how personal beliefs and history impact on professional practice
- Identify regulation and calming strategies for others
- Implement Trauma-informed principles and strategies to increase success for learners with a trauma history
- In-class course delivery
- Individual study and reflection
- 3 individual courses that can be taken independently
- Complete all 3 courses to earn the certificate
For any questions or for more information, contact the School of Continuing Education at 403.356.4900.