Health Care Aide Certificate
RDC’s Health Care Aide program prepares students to be a part of a health-care team in a variety of different settings, providing high level of front-line care to clients in need of assistance. Red Deer College is licensed to deliver the Heath Care Aide Government of Alberta Provincial Curriculum, designed and maintain by Alberta Health Services.
You will learn:
- Skills to provide basic health services and daily living support for clients
- To work with clients who have chronic and/or complex medical conditions, physical and/or cognitive disabilities, and who require palliative and end-of-life care.
- Knowledge and behaviors required to be a successful health care aide
- Health Care Aide Government of Alberta Provincial Curriculum
- Flexible online classes, face to face labs
- Two placements
- In your community
- Health and safety requirements
- Academic Requirements (updated requirements for 2020/2021 will be posted spring 2020)
Information on 2020-2021 program offerings coming April 2020