Management Skills for Supervisors Program
Management Skills for Supervisors - Online: Starts April 21. Register Today!
Have you recently become a manager, or aspire to do so? Do you need to build your management capacity to meet organizational goals? Being responsible for the effectiveness of others requires a delicate balance of goals, teamwork and encouragement. Learn the skills and knowledge to effectively manage others and maximize productivity. Combine professional knowledge with people skills to thrive in your management role.
You will learn
• To transition from colleague to supervisor
• To develop a management identity and “voice” as part of your management structure
• Conflict management through constructive conversations
• To define your personal communication style, stages of team development and collaborative practices
• To identify characteristics of effective teams and obtain resources for building strong teams
• Certificate program offered in-class or online
• The four modules in the certificate are Foundations of Management, Effective Communication, Conflict Resolution and Synergy of Teams
This program qualifies for government funding. Enroll one or more employees in the program and pay only one-third of the cost with the Canada-Alberta Job Grant! Apply at least 30 days in advance.
For any questions or more information, please call the School of Continuing Education at 403.356.4900.