Leadership Development Program
Learn about a variety of leadership styles, emerging developments in leadership today and the differences between leadership and management. Discover the tools needed to expand your leadership capacity at any level within your organization and community. Explore which leadership style works best for you and how to apply it at work or home while focusing on being open and responsive to change.
You will learn
• To define your personal values and create unity with goals, vision and actions
• To recognize and successfully manage the value of diversity in the workplace
• Practical skills that can be applied immediately to real-world situations at work or home
• To provide the direction and drive that lead to measurable results
• To inspire positive change in all levels within an organization
- Successfully Complete 5 core courses to earn the certificate
- Program can be completed over 1 to 2 years
- All courses are available as stand-alone learning opportunities
- Courses are available in classroom or a blended format (classroom and online).
Courses that you need to enrol and complete over a maximum 2 year period.
- Introduction to Leadership
- The Personal Side of Leadership
- The Leader as a Relationship Builder
- The Leader as Social Architect
- Leading culturally diverse teams
If you have complete previous modules in the past 3 years please see below how your prior learning aligns to the new curriculum. You may request prior learning to be applied to the new course, you must have completed one of the previous courses within the past 3 years.
|Leadership 120||Intro to Leadership|
|Leadership 121||Relationship Builder|
|Leadership 122-123||Personal side of Leadership|
|Leadership 124-125||Social Architect|
This is what Servus Credit Union employees are saying about the Leadership Certificate:
“I love how interactive the course is, I go home energized and excited.” - Vanessa, Team Manager
“The Leadership certificate program is awesome. The best management/leadership course I have taken.” - Angela, Team Manager
This program qualifies for government funding. Enrol one or more employees in the program and pay only one-third of the tuition with the Canada-Alberta Job Grant! Apply at least 30 days in advance.
For more information please call the School of Continuing Education at 403.356.4900.