A non-refundable tuition deposit is required for all new and returning domestic and international students admitted to a Fall term credit program (excluding TVP) and all new and returning international students admitted to a Winter term credit program. Continuing students are not required to pay a tuition deposit.
- New Students: Those who have never attended RDC credit programming before.
- Returning Students: Those who previously attended RDC but took a break in studies lasting at least one major (Fall or Winter) term.
- Continuing Students: Current RDC students who will be continuing their studies.
Tuition Deposit Amounts:
- Domestic Students: $400
- International Students: $1,400
By paying your tuition deposit, you are advising RDC that you intend to attend our institution. Your tuition deposit must be paid in full in order to register in courses. If your tuition deposit is not paid by your tuition deposit deadline, RDC assumes you no longer wish to attend our institution and will cancel your admission.
2020-2021 Academic Year
Click here for detailed information on the Fall 2020 and Winter 2021 tuition deposit.
2021-2022 Academic Year
Fall 2021: Domestic and international students
- If you are admitted before April 1, you have until April 30 to pay your tuition deposit.
- If you are admitted on or after April 1 through July 12, you have one month from the date of your admission to pay your tuition deposit.
- If you are admitted on or after July 13, a tuition deposit is not required, though you must set up a payment plan or pay your tuition and fees in full by the Fall term tuition and fee payment deadline of August 13.
- If you are admitted on or after August 13, a tuition deposit is not required, though you must set up a payment plan or pay your tuition and fees in full within 48 hours of registering in courses.
Winter 2022: International students only
- If you are admitted before October 1, you have until October 31 to pay your tuition deposit.
- If you are admitted on or after October 1, you have one month from the date of your admission to pay your tuition deposit.
Tuition and fees for each term are due on or before the following dates:
|Term||Study Period||Tuition and Fee Payment Deadline|
|Fall 2020||September - December 2020||August 14, 2020|
|Winter 2021||January - April 2021||January 4, 2021|
|Spring 2021||May - June 2021||May 3, 2021|
|Summer 2021||July - August 2021||July 5, 2021|
|Fall 2021||September - December 2021||August 13, 2021|
|Winter 2022||January - April 2022||January 4, 2022|
|Spring 2022||May - June 2022||May 2, 2022|
Any alternate arrangements for deferrals or payment plans must be made before the applicable due date. If tuition or fees remain unpaid after the due date, your registration will be canceled. If this is to occur, you may re-register should space be available and payment is made at the time of re-registration.
It is the College's expectation that every student who receives services, for which a financial obligation is incurred, meet that obligation. College staff are empowered to act in accordance with established procedures to carry out the intent of this policy. Admission to the college, permission to register, transcripts, enrollment verifications and diplomas/certificates will be withheld for failure to meet financial obligations.
RDC reserves the right to correct errors or omissions in publishing and alter fees without notice.
Through The Loop: Log in to your Loop account and click on Money Matters from the menu, then Student Fees. Click on eBill+ePayment to enter the online payment system. Select Deposits to make a payment towards your Tuition Deposit, or select the term you wish to make a payment toward. Pay by Interac/debt, Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
Online Banking: Set up Red Deer College as a payee within your online banking account to make online payments to RDC. Use your 9-digit student ID number as your account number. Please allow 3 business days for bank processing.
Interac e-Transfer: Send an e-transfer through online banking to cashier [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca.
Over the Phone: Have your credit card ready and call the Cashiers Office at 403.342.3132 during our regular business hours (Monday to Friday between 8:30am - 4:30pm).
In Person: All acceptable forms of payment (cash, credit card, Interact/debit, cheque, bank drafts, and money orders) can be made at the Cashiers Office during our regular business hours (Monday to Friday between 8:30am - 4:30pm). Please note all cheques, bank drafts and money orders must include your 9-digit student ID number and be payable to Red Deer College. Postdated payments are not accepted.
By Mail: Cheques, bank drafts and money orders can be mailed to the RDC Cashiers Office. Please note all cheques, bank drafts and money orders must include your 9-digit student ID number and be payable to Red Deer College. Postdated payments are not accepted.
Red Deer College Cashiers Office
Box 5005 - 100 College Blvd
Red Deer, AB T4N 5H5
Enrol in an RDC Payment Plan: If you are unable to submit the full payment of your term tuition and fees by the tuition and fee payment deadline, you may choose to enrol in a payment plan. By doing so, your term tuition and fees will be split into monthly payments. To enrol in a payment plan, log in to your Loop account and select Money Matters from the menu, then click on Student Fees. Select eBill+ePayment to enter the online payment system, then select Payment Plans and proceed to set up a new payment plan. Please note:
- Payment plans cannot be set up for payment of your tuition deposit. Tuition deposits must be paid in full by your tuition deposit deadline.
- Your payment plan must be initiated prior to the term tuition and fee payment deadline. Subsequent payments will follow the term schedule noted below:
- Fall: Initial payment at setup, then September 30, October 31, and November 30.
- Winter: Initial payment at setup, then February 1, March 1 and April 1.
- Spring: Initial payment at setup and June 1.
- Summer: Initial payment at setup and August 1.
- A $50 deferral administration charge will be applied to your account.
- Payment plans must be set up for each term.
- The above payment plan information pertains to domestic students. For international student payment plan information, students are to log in to their Loop account and select Money Matters from the menu, then International Tuition and Fees.
- Apprenticeship students are not able to enrol in an RDC payment plan.
- Students enrolled in RDC's School of Continuing Education programming are unable to enrol in this payment plan, but may have alternative payment plan options, depending on their course/program.
Flywire (for International Students): Log in to your Loop account and select Money Matters from the menu, then select International Tuition & Fees and click on the Flywire link to pay for your tuition deposit and regular term tuition and fees.
Higher Ed Points: RDC students can make payments towards their tuition and fees by converting rewards points through the HigherEd Points program.
Student Loans, Awards and Other Funding: Students receiving loans, grants, awards, bursaries, etc. are responsible for verifying their funding will cover the full amount owed to RDC and for paying any outstanding balance if it does not. Contact the Student Connect Centre at 403.342.3254 or studentconnect [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca to discuss your situation and to determine whether you are required to make a payment to RDC.
Sponsorships: Students who are having any portion of their tuition and fees paid by a third-party sponsor (employer, First Nation, not-for-profits, etc.) must submit a sponsorship letter to the Cashiers Office prior to the term tuition and fee payment deadline.
Faculty & Staff Tuition Waivers: Eligible RDC employees are required to submit completed Tuition Waiver Applications to the Human Resources for review and processing. Upon approval, any waiver entitlement will be credited to the student's account.
Tuition rates vary by program and/or course. Billing credits are assessed in accordance with the Assignment of Academic and Billing Credits to Courses Policy. Fees are determined as per the Mandatory Instructional and Non-Instructional Fees Policy.
RDC's Program Cost Estimates provide a breakdown of the estimated cost for each year of each program, based on the current academic year's tuition and fee rates. These estimates are based on 100% full-time enrolment.
Click here for a summary of RDC administrative fees.
Material and Special Fees are in addition to regular tuition rates and reflect the extra costs associated with specific courses such as travel, supplies and materials. Click here to review the current list of material and special fees.
The Activity and Wellness Fee is used to improve and expand student access and programming related to physical activity, wellness and athletics.
The Facility, Service & Technology (FST) Fees support maintaining and improving the College's infrastructure as per the following:
- Emergency communication systems
- Security systems
- Interior and exterior environments (study kiosks, flooring, washrooms, barrier-free accessibility, pedestrian walkways, etc.)
- Registration and advising services
- Student Connect Centre
- Career and personal counselling services
- Student identification card
- Administrative software
- Network/wireless systems
- Mobile applications
- Provision of online services
Details regarding Students' Association Fees, including those pertaining to the Health & Dental Plan, can be found by visiting the Students' Association of RDC website.
Contact the Cashiers Office to request a refund. Please note refund processing may take up to 6 weeks.
- Payments made via credit card (excluding RDC Residence deposits) will be refunded to the credit card used at the time of payment.
- Payments made via cash, cheque, bank draft, money order or electronic transfer will be refunded to the student in the form of a cheque.
- Payments made via government funding (ie. student loans and grants) will be refunded to the government agency.
- Payments made via third-party sponsorship will be refunded directly to the corporate sponsor.
- Refunds for international wire transfers may take over 6 months to process.
Students who cancel registration prior to the last day to add/drop will receive a full refund of tuition and fees, less their non-refundable tuition deposit.
Students who cancel registration after the last day to add/drop are not entitled to a refund. Students with exceptional circumstances may appeal this decision by completing a Late Drop Request and submitting it to the Office of the Registrar.
Tuition and fees will be fully refunded if a course/program is cancelled by RDC.
Apprenticeship students who cancel registration prior to the first day of technical training are entitled to a refund, less the cancellation fee.
School of Continuing Education Programming
Students enrolled in RDC's School of Continuing Education courses or programming should discuss cancellations and potential refunds with the School of Continuing Education (ce [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca or 403.356.4900).
Before March 1 of each year, RDC will issue the following tax forms for the previous calendar year:
T2202 Tuition Enrolment Certificate: Issued to individuals enrolled in post-secondary credit programming exceeding $100 in tuition fees in the calendar year.
T4A Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity and Other Income: Issued to individuals in receipt of at least $500 from RDC in the form of awards, bursaries, etc. in the calendar year.
T4 Statement of Remuneration Paid: Issued to individuals in receipt of employment income from RDC in the calendar year.
Please feel free to connect with the Cashiers Office should you have any questions or concerns regarding any of the above. We are located in the hallway beside the Office of the Registrar (Room 1100) and can be reached at cashier [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca or 403.342.3132.
RDC Main Campus
Mon-Fri 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Main Phone: 403.342.3400
Toll-free: 1.888.732.4630 (in Canada only)
Email: inquire [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
RDC Main Campus Location
100 College Boulevard | Box 5005
Red Deer, Alberta | T4N 5H5