RDC welcomes thousands of band students May 13
Festival of Bands in 42nd year at the College
RDC is thrilled to host students from across Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba at the annual Alberta Band Association Provincial Festival of Bands from May 13-16 and May 21-24, 2019.
Approximately 7,000 junior, senior and community band students will participate in eight days of performances, clinics and sight-reading activities.
Prestigious adjudicators, educators and clinicians from across Canada and the United States will be judging this year’s festival.
The judges from May 13-16 are:
- Dr. Danielle Gaudry - California State University
- Dr. Richard Mayne - University of Northern Colorado
- Dr. Tom McCauley - Montclair State University in New Jersey
- Marguerite Wilder - Georgia
- Rita Burns - Edmonton
From May 21-24, the judges are:
- Dr. Gordon Brock - University of North Florida School of Music
- Colin Clarke - Toronto
- Mark Lane - Central Washington University
- Dr. Gillian MacKay - University of Toronto
- Mr. Ken Rogers - Lethbridge
The public is invited to attend the daily performances on RDC’s main campus.
Alberta Band Association Provincial Festival of Bands
May 13-16 and May 21-24
8:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. daily | free
Mainstage, RDC Arts Centre
For more details about the Festival of Bands, please contact RDC’s School of Continuing Education at 403.356.4900 or continuingeducation [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca.
- 30 -
For additional information contact:
Communications Strategist - Corporate
Communications Strategist – Corporate