RDC cancels most classes Monday and Tuesday as transition to online delivery takes place
Campuses to remain open
To help mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19, Red Deer College has cancelled most in-person classes on Monday and Tuesday, March 16 and 17. This class cancellation will allow the College’s academic teams and instructors to plan for, and transition to, online and remote delivery of as many classes as possible starting on Wednesday, March 18.
With the breadth of programs and courses offered by RDC, a common solution of providing online delivery in all cases is not possible. Classes and labs within RDC’s School of Trades and Technologies will continue in-person on Monday and Tuesday, given the hands-on components involved in these courses.
RDC students will be contacted by each of their class and practicum instructors as soon as possible early this week when further details of their class delivery will be provided.
Red Deer College’s main campus and downtown campus will remain open on Monday and Tuesday, and beyond. Employees are expected to attend work in-person (provided they are not ill or in self-isolation), and to have discussions with their supervisors regarding any potential alternative work arrangements.
“We are in unprecedented times with the situation that COVID-19 presents to our College community, our region and the world,” says Dr. Peter Nunoda, President of Red Deer College.
“I appreciate the massive efforts of RDC’s committed employees who have been working to help keep our College community safe. By shifting to online course delivery, where we can, it will help to prevent the spread of any illnesses, including COVID-19, within our community. RDC's academic teams and faculty are all committed to finding creative solutions to ensure that our students can complete their studies successfully.”
- In-person classes: are cancelled on Monday and Tuesday for students at RDC’s main and downtown campuses except for students in the School of Trades and Technologies.
- Apprenticeship students: Please come to class.
- Engineering Technology students: Classes are cancelled for Monday and Tuesday and will resume through online delivery starting Wednesday.
- Online classes: Students taking online classes currently should continue with their classes, as scheduled, on Monday and Tuesday
- Students who are involved in practicum placements should follow the advice of their practicum supervisors and instructors regarding their attendance
- RDC’s campuses will remain open on Monday and Tuesday, and employees are expected to attend work
Red Deer College has implemented a variety of protocols, including increased cleaning and sanitizing of high-traffic areas (such as classrooms and washrooms), to help ensure the health and safety of our students, employees and visitors.
RDC continues to monitor the fluid COVID-19 situation, and we will provide updates as information becomes available. Information will continue to be housed on RDC’s Novel Coronavirus webpage, located at rdc.ab.ca/coronavirus.